Chapter 21

Hi, everyone! I can't believe we're alright at chapter 21!!! I just wanted to thank everyone so so so SO much for taking the time to read my work, without you guys, there is no way I would have found the motivation to write this much! I also want to let you amazing people know about some format changes. So before this chapter, I've been switching plot lines every two chapters (2 chapters of Maria/The Baby then 2 chapters of Yurio), and I haven't done a time jump more than about 7 weeks. But starting now, I'm going to be staying rather steadily on Yurio for about the next 2 or 3 chapters (including this one), and after that, I will be focusing entirely on Maria and her development. What I do have left of focusing on Yurio will be the Tropeé de France and the NHK Trophy. Again thank you so so so SO much for reading I love you all!!!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

3:37 am, Nishikori House
October 27th, 2017
Hasetsu Japan, Week 36

"Yurochka! Are you ready to go?" Okaasan called. A few days after the assignments were announced, Yurio tagged along with her to get something at the mall. They had so much fun they ended up staying until nearly 10:0pm (22:00), and as a result, Yurio stayed the night. To  Okaasan and the other Nishikori's, It felt so right to have Yurio there that they invited him to stay permanently. Yurio agreed in a heartbeat and now took to calling Takeshi Otousan, which was Dad in Japanese, and triplets his sisters. For what felt like the first time, he was truly part of a complete family and would do anything to keep it that way.

"Yes!" Yurio grumbled as he staggered out of his room, lugging a medium sized tiger print suitcase behind him.

"Did you pack everything? Like your skates, your costumes, casual clothes, toothpaste, fancy clothes-" Okaasan rattled on.

"Yes, Okaasan. Why do I even need to bring that suit anyway?" Yurio debated.

"You'll see!" She winked, then ran over to give him a big hug.

"You're not excited at all." Yurio sarcastically commented as the pair left the house.

"It's our first time in France! How could I not be excited?" Okaasan inquired.

"Calm down, we do NOT need two Viktors!" Yurio pleaded.

"What do mean?" Okaasan inquired.

"Do you not remember when Viktor first came to Hasetsu? He's the most over-enthusiastic tourist I've ever seen!" Yurio reminded.

"You're right, I'll try not to get too crazy." Okaasan agreed as they met up with Vikor. And with that, the team walked in sleepy silence to the train station, then into the airport.
______________________________________________________________________________

1:00 pm(13:00), Hôtel Patinage Artistique
October 26th, 2017
Nice, France

"Viktor, why the heck are you plugged a brick into your phone?" Yurio questioned, as they walked into the hotel.

"It's not a brick, it's a portable charging device, that doubles as a Wifi router. Yuri and Masha can't come with us, so we're going to keep in touch the entire time via. Facetime." Viktor explained. Yurio put his head in his hands, trying to figure out how didn't see this coming. Viktor had done the exact same thing at the Japanese qualifying competitions, and it was the second most irritating thing Viktor had ever done. (the first was insulting Lin-Manuel Miranda and Hamilton by belching a terrible cover of dear Theodosia)

"That's smart. That way you won't be forced to live next to power outlets like you were, and it wouldn't cost you a fortune." Okaasan praised.

"You have Yuri on FaceTime! Can I say Hi?!" Minami squealed. Kenjirou Minami was competing in the Grand Prix Series this year, and Much to Yurio's annoyance, had also been assigned to the Tropheé de France. It wasn't the fact the Minami directly blamed Yurio for the Japanese Yuri being out this season that pissed Yurio off, but at the Qualifying competitions, Minami had CONSTANTlY tailed Viktor, in an attempt to talk to the Japanese Yuri. By coincidence, Minami had taken the same flight as Yurio, and it felt to Yurio as if he would never get away from this little blond-haired fanboy. At least they were at the hotel, then Yurio would get his chance lose him.