Chapter 31

Hello everyone! So just a quick note before we start, I am going to be going far into the future, but I'm going to be pretending that technology and stuff like that is going to be the exact same as it is today. Also name wise, Viktor is Papa and Yuri is Daddy. Thank you all so so so so so SO much for reading my work, I love all of you!!! And without further ado, chapter 31!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

12:59 pm August 13th, 2021
Yu-Topia Katsuki, Hasestu Japan

"I can do it!" Maria exclaimed in Russian. She and Papa were in the family kitchen (Witch was smaller and in a different spot than the big one that Obaachan(grandma) and Ojiichan(grandpa) used to cook food of the other people at the inn. If daddy was home, then Papa usually went into the big kitchen and helped them out.) Papa was making his famous strawberry cake, and Maria was helping him. She had dumped the flour and sugar and vanilla and milk into the big bowl, mixed it all up (with her special wooden spoon that looked just like Snow White's. Maria had even put on her Snow White play dress to match.) and now it was time to cut the strawberries to sprinkle on top of the batter.(which papa had poured from the big bowl to two pans)

"No thank you, Masha!" Papa replied, continuing to cut the strawberries.

"It's my turn!" Masha pleaded

"Sorry Masha, today it's my turn," Papa answered.

"Why?" She asked, not understanding why Papa wouldn't let her have a turn.

"Knives are dangerous"

"Why?" Papa used them all the time, it couldn't be too bad.

"Because the edge right here that cuts the strawberries is sharp, and if we aren't careful, then you could cut your finger, and we're making a strawberry cake, not a Masha cake!" Papa explained while giggling.

"Why?"

"Daddy, Auntie Yuuko, Uncle Takashi, the triplets, and Uncle Yurio like Strawberry cake better."

"Why?"

"Oh Look, I finished cutting the strawberries! Can you put them on the measuring scale for me please?" Papa requested, but Maria didn't budge. She instead, crossed her arms and pouted, because Papa wouldn't stop talking in time for her to get a turn to cut the strawberries.

"No!" She pouted, very upset.

"That's not a happy face!" Papa observed and kneeled down so he could look Maria in the eye.

Maira stomped her foot. Papa needed to learn to leave some strawberries for her to cut.

"Would it make you feel better if you taste-tested one of the strawberries?" He offered.

"Yes," Maira mumbled, taking the strawberry Papa held out for her, deciding to forgive him.

"Do you want to put the strawberries in the measuring scale or should I? Papa asked.

"Masha do it!" She exclaimed, not wanting to be excluded from more strawberry action. She grabbed a fistful of strawberries, and put them on the silvery plate thingy until Papa said;

"All done! 300 grams, perfect job Masha!"

"Thank you!" Masha thanked, as Papa put half of the strawberries into a bowl, then put the bowl next to her. In front of her, he put one of the silvery boxes with the cake batter inside.

"Now, we're going to take the strawberries, and sprinkle them across the ENTIRE pan, like this," Papa instructed, sprinkling the strawberries.

"Ok!" Masha sang back. She took all of the strawberries from her bowl into her hands, and very helpfully, sprinkled them very evenly over the direct center of the batter.

It took Papa a bit longer than Maria to put the strawberries in his pan, so witch her extra time, she spread the strawberries around in the batter to make a very pretty flower shape. But when Papa looked over at the strawberry flower, he did a heavy sigh. She looked into Papa's pan, and when she saw none of his strawberries were touching, she suddenly remembered that Papa wanted the strawberries NOT touching.

"Sorry, Papa. I forgot." She apologized.

"It's alright Masha." Papa forgave. He looked at the clock, and exclaimed, "The cakes should be done at 1:20(13:20), so we will get to Ice Castle at 1:30(13:30). Do you remember what happens at 1:30(13:30)?"

"YEAH! We go to the Ice Castle and say Hi to Daddy and Uncle Hamilton and then I and Daddy go skating!" Maria cried, her voice full of excitement.

"So, do you want to go change out of your pretty play dress and into that cute dinosaur outfit I put on your bed?" Papa suggested.

"ROAR!" Masha screamed, as she carefully got off of her stool.

"I'll take that as a yes." Papa giggled, as Maria ran into her room. It was right near Papa and Daddy's room, and before she was born, had been Daddy's room. For a little while l, it had been Uncle Hamilton's room too, but Maria couldn't imagine that.

On the wall opposite the window was a desk (that Maria and Papa had put special flower stickers on. They were special because Papa said they didn't leave sticky stuff on the desk when you took them off), that at the moment held her pink kid tablet and the box to a new puzzle that Papa had ordered on his laptop. It had 4 alphabets on it, the Hiragana one, the Katakana one, (with Maria liked better, because that one could write her name), the Russian one, and the English one.

Maria knew how to speak Russian and Japanese, she would talk in a Russian to Papa and Uncle Hamilton, and then everyone else in Japanese. But whenever she went over Uncle Hamilton's house, (they went over there whenever Daddy said it was Friday afternoon) before dinner, he would play her Hamilton songs (only the ones that Papa and Daddy said we're kid-friendly), and those would be in English. She didn't understand every word, even though Uncle Hamilton and Auntie Yuuko and Papa and Daddy could, and that made her mad. Daddy always told her that she was only 3, she had could already speak more languages that a lot of adults, but Maria still wanted to know English.

She walked skipped over to her bed, (it had a very pretty pink blanket on it, that had a picture of her 3 favorite Princess on it, Sleeping Beauty, Snow White, and Rapunzel.) put on her dinosaur outfit (Blue shorts and a light blue shirt with a green dinosaur on the top), then re-arranged the stuffies and dollies and plushies that Papa had pushed aside to lay out her clothes. He didn't understand that each one had their own special place, (for example, Elly, Snow White Barbie, Sleeping Beauty Barbie, Rapunzel Barbie, and Cup of China all went on top of her pillow. Cup of China is a kitty stuffie that somebody threw on the ice rink for Uncle Hamilton when he did Ice Skating at the Cup of China, and when he got back home, he gave it to Maora) but Maira wasn't mad at Papa. Some things were harder to understand than others.

After she finished changing, she went back into the kitchen, and while the cakes were in the oven, at her request, Papa replaced the red snow white ribbons with green ones. And when the cakes were out of the oven, she and Papa left their home, and made the 10-minute walk to Daddy's work, the Ice Castle.