Chapter 33

Saturday, August 21, 2021
Hasetu, Japan
(The day after Yurio's nightmare)

"So, Maria, what is your very favorite thing to do?" Miss.Rosette asked Maria, in a very cheery voice. Miss.Rosette was as tall as Auntie Mari, and she had pretty brown eyes with pink around them. She also had red lips and curly light blonde hair, just like Sleeping Beauty. She was wearing a long dress with short sleeves, and the dress was covered in a very pretty rose pattern. (Maria, on the other hand, was wearing a yellow sundress with daisies on the skirt. Daisies were her favorite flower because they had yellow in the middle)

Miss.Rosette actual name was Rose Caron, but she said that Maria could call her Rosette because that was her nick-name. It felt it weird for Maria to call her that that. After All, Miss. Rosette was a grown up from Canada that came with a bunch of her friends who had cameras. Papa said they were going to film a TV special. Maria wasn't entirely sure what that meant, but Daddy said to just pretend that the camera people weren't there, unless they asked her a question.

Like right now. One of Miss.Rosette's friends had asked Papa and Daddy to sit on the white couch in their room and were now asking them questions. Questions Maira thought had something to do with her doing twirly jumpy ice skating, to witch Daddy and Papa responded something about her being at least in school before anything serious happened, and they didn't want to pressure her. But the 'interview', as Miss.Rosette called it, was entirely in English, and Maria wasn't good at English yet. (Miss.Rosette helpfully knew Japanese)

"I like playing with princess dollies!" Maira enthusiastically cheered. "All my Princess Dollies are in my room, wanna see?"

"I would love to!" Miss Rosette cheered. Maria grabbed her hand and ran off to show her and her camera friends her room. Papa had helped her clean the room the night before, so it was uncharacteristically clean. All the stuffies on the bed were in a nice, neat order(chosen by Maria of course), her desk was empty, (well mostly empty. The puzzle was STILL in the box unopened, which made Maria very mad), and all of her dollies were in green plastic bins.

"Do you like my room?" She asked Miss.Rosette.

"It's beautiful! And very clean."

"Don't worry, I can fix that," Maira reassured. And as Miss.Rosette's friends set up their cameras on poles, Maria took all of her favorite dolls out of the drawer and put them in the middle of the floor. She also grabbed a few handfuls of dresses, shoes, and some plastic dinosaurs. From her bed, she took the Barbies she had on there and a few stuffed animals.

"You have a lot of pretty dolls!" Miss.Rosette complemented. "What are their names?"

"The princess barbies from my bed are Sleeping Beauty Barbie, Snow White Barbie, and Rapunzel Barbie. The elephant is Elly, and I got her on my Zero birthday, and the kitty is Cup of China." Maria explained, setting everyone up in a circle. "The dollies from my draws are Cinderella Barbie, Ariel Barbie, Princess Peggy, and Hamilton dollie." (Princess Peggy was actually just a Moana Dollie in a Belle dress, and Hamilton Dollie was a Ken doll in a blue suit, but Maria didn't tell that to Miss.Rosette, because she didn't want to hurt the dollies feelings.)

"That's a lot of toys!" Miss.Rosette commented. "What should they do?"

"Well when I play princess dollies with Papa, they like to play in Sleeping Beauty's castle, and they talk Russian. When I play with Daddy, they like to go skating, but not twirly jumpy skating, just circle skating, and they like to talk Japanese. I don't get to play with Uncle Hamilton a lot, but when we do play, it's sometimes in Russian, but I like it better when we talk English because I'm not good at it yet. He made Princess Peggy and Hamilton dolls for me." Maria divulged.