Chapter 6

"Lets fill out this registry!" Viktor cheered, and I open my laptop. Viktor and I are sitting on our bed, leaning against the headboard, put shoulders touching, my right arm looped through his left. Viktor's so happy, I can feel him internally bouncing up and down. I turn my head and look at him, and he flashes back an adorable heart-shaped smile, which causes me to smile even more.

"What site do you want to use?" I ask.

"I don't know. How exactly is this supposed to work again?"

"Well, we go to a website, and basically make a wish list of all the things we need for the Baby. Then we either get everything shipped here or pick it up from the store." I explain, but hastily add, "Or we could just make a normal list on a computer document and add links from multiple sites, whatever you want."

"The second option sound better."

"Ok, cool." I quickly pull up a document on one tab, make it fill half the screen, then open another window and have that fill the other half of the screen. I also pull out my phone and open up a check list I found of essential baby items.

"Wow! You young people are good with the computers!" Viktor joked. I smirk at him.

"Your only 28 Viktor."

"I know." He winks.

"Seriously thought, where do you want to start? Target? Babies R Us? Walmart?"

"I don't care. You pick."

I head over to the Walmart website, but before I can even click search, Viktor shouts:

"Walmart?! You want our child's first clothing ever to be from Walmart?! Have you ever been in one of those stores? I lost a bet with Chris and went into one in America and-"

"Umm, ok." I stutter. "So then what store do you want?"

"Anything, I don't care."

"You clearly have an Opinion about this! Just pick something!" I exasperatingly shout.

"I apologize. I didn't mean to get you upset. I really just don't know." He apologized, and we go silent for a few minutes.

"Babies R Us?" I suggest

"That sounds wonderful. An entire store dedicated to little things." He exclaimed, trying not to be too loud.

"I know." I smile back. I searched the page and click on the link. As soon as it loads, Viktor and I squeal so loud I'm surprised the window behind us didn't break. The front page is covered in babies in strollers, and a dad flying his baby in a blue onesie with fine black hair through the air, and babies on play mats, and a baby in a purple onside, tu-tu, and a flower headband with cute curly pigtails and dark skin sitting in a field, trying to pop bubbles, and babies playing with stuffed animals, and a parent feeding a baby in yellow and green striped romper, and so much baby cutest I could nearly explode. Viktor squeezes my hand, and we look into each other's eyes.

"I'm so excited."

"Me too. Where you you wanna start? The checklist on my phone starts off with Nursery stuff." I start.

For the next few hours (with frequent bathroom breaks) we looked at things like cribs, (I had to convince Victor that we did NOT need a 700 dollar crib, even though lit looked like something out of a fairytale castle) Strollers, (This time Victor had to talk me out of a stroller that converted from newborn to infant to toddler, because since the baby would be born in the winter, then the stroller would get wrecked before we could justify the 150$ price tag.) and newborn clothing (which was a complete disaster, because I wanted to save us time and money by just getting simple onesies, and Viktor wanted to get out to-be newborn baby an entire fashion wardrobe. We decided to wait a few weeks and do clothing shopping in-person).

And when we decide to turn in for the night, we look at the clock on the laptop and laugh our heads off, because it's nearly midnight. We also both didn't notice that the laptop was at 2% battery. When we were looking at the stuff for our baby time seemed to stop, and everything seemed so surreal, as if something this amazing couldn't be happening to us? We had only (soberly) met a little over a year ago, and I know some people probably say that we're taking things too fast, but when Viktor and I are together, it feels as if we have grown up together.

After I put the laptop away to charge, and Viktor sets his alarm, we have one last kiss goodnight, and we lie under the covers, me lying on my side with one arm under my head and the other sitting near my stomach, while Viktor reaches out his right arm over my side, his hand hugging the baby, and just like that, we fall into a deep sleep.