Chapter 9

Yurio and Viktor stayed in the arcade for hours after the 'glorious Whack-a-mole game of 2017' as Yurio called it (or 'The Whack-a-mole game when Yurio broke the mallet and I nearly died laughing' as Viktor named it), just goofing around, having fun. Yuri couldn't remember the last time he had done something just for the sake of having fun and made a mental note to do it more often. It was also the first time Viktor had ever seen Yurio genuinely relaxed, smile for hours on end, or even act like a normal teenager.
________________________________________________________

Later that night, Yurio's phone buzzed, and he picked it up.

Yukko: Hey Yuri! I just put the girls down to bed, how's the music hunt going?

Yuuko: And if Viktor asks, I'm not helping you. He's really intent on having you do this all on your own for some reason.

Yurio: I won't. And it's been great, ever since you sent me the link to that site. I found the free program music

Yuuko: Now presenting The Magic MoodnToneradio5000.com!
Yuuko: Type in the mood and or tone, and you will get a list of songs to go along!
Yuuko: Built for creative writing students, used by world famous figure skaters!
Yuuko: Now let's talk to someone who uses the site, YURI PLESESKI!!!

Yurio: Oh no! The infomercial queen has caught up with a me!

Yuuko: Lol! I swear you are never this silly in person

Yurio: I feel like I can tell you anything.

Yuuko: Dawwww, Yurio! Thank you so much!

Yurio: Do you want to know what my free program song is now?

Yuuko: HOW DID I MISS YOU TEXTING ME THAT! Yuuko: What is it?

Yurio: Grenade, by Bruno Mars. I know I've heard it play on the radio at ice castle before

Yuuko: You noticed? I actually made the playlist that it runs on.
Yuuko: I'm so excited for you!!! That song is perfect for what you want to do!

Yurio: I know right!

Yuuko: Especially the last verse. Because even though the RSA has treated you so poorly, you would still go back in a heartbeat.
Yuuko: Sorry I'm not trying to offend you

Yurio: It's ok because it's absolutely true. The only problem is that it's 3:42 and the program have to be at least  4 minutes long.

Yuuko: Oh we can definitely fix that!;) Maybe we could add sound effects, or slightly slow it down.

Yurio: Whatever you say

Yuuko: Yuri Plesieskti just because I believe Viktor is taking it a league to far with this Don't-help-yuio thing, that doesn't mean I'm going to add to the song for you.

Yurio: how did you know I was hinting at that?

Yuuko: When it comes to her kids Nothing gets past Mommy!

Yuuko: Oh no I'm so sorry I didn't mean to offend you by calling you my son I'm pretty sure you don't have that good of a relationship with your mom, after all, you never mention her and please forgive me I'm so sorry

Yurio: Yuuko, it's fine

Yuuko: Really? I thought that would make you uncomfortable.

Yurio: Yuuko, you've done more for me than my mother ever did

Yuuko: Are you serious? I've barely done anything.

Yurio: You've never called me a waste of space

Yuuko: Wait, your Mom actually said that to you?!

Yurio: At least once a day

Yuuko: No wonder you don't talk about her.

Yurio: That's not all.

Yuuko: What do you mean?

Yurio: I'm just going to say this really fast before I have time to think about it.

Yuuko: Yurio, do you want me to come over here, orb have me go over there because you are clearly uncomfortable and I can tell this conversation is way too serious to do via text

Yurio: this is how I feel comfortable!

Yuuko: ok, if it works for you

Yurio: My mother never liked me very much. According to her, she was on her way to stardom when I came and made her lose all her money. If I was ever out of her sight, she assumed that I was getting into trouble and would punish me, but if I followed her around, she would still punish me saying that I needed to "grow the fuck up and be a man". And Of course, the only punishment she used was slapping me across the face.

Yuuko: I don't know what to say. How could anyone say that to a kid? You were still pretty young when you moved out, right?

Yurio: да, I was 8 when I left. And even now, she's the only thing I'm scared of.

Yuuko: I AM COMING OVER THERE IS NO WAY I AM LETTING YOU JUST SIT THERE!

Yurio: Please don't! I don't want your pity!

Yuuko: Oh my gosh I am so sorry I yelled!

Yurio: It's ok, I know you're not mad at me.

Yuuko: I'm so sorry. I' literally crying, how could anyone verbally hurt you like that?! What about you Grandpa, why didn't he stop her?!

Yurio: They worked exact opposite shifts, so he literally wasn't home. She always said never to tell, and I feared what would happen if I disobeyed.

Yuuko: What can I do?

Yurio: Nothing, it's impossible to change the past.

Yuuko: I'm sorry for confusing you, I meant what can I do for you going forward.

Yurio: Keep doing what you've been doing.

Yuuko: Which is?

Yurio: Acting like you're the Mom I never got.

Yuuko: I'd love nothing more, Yurochka

Yurio: Thank you so much Yuuko. For listening

Yuuko: you're welcome. If you ever need anything, feel free to ask me.