Chapter 32

Hello everyone! I hope you all like Looooong chapters, because here comes the longest chapter I have EVER put out for the fic!!! I'm shifting the focus back to Yurio for this chapter, and for a few chapters some time in the future, and please please please don't hate me. There will be a happy ending in the horizon. Also there are /~~~/ to signify dream sequences. Thank you so much for reading!!!
#featureapp #onloveagapepepperminpatti
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It happened so fast, Yurio didn't have time to process until it was too late. A gust of wind weaved its way through one of the many cracks in the wall, which was followed a sickening shatter, with ended with a shrill more deafening and terrifying than the winter wind.

"YURI PLISETSKY!"

Yurio quickly jumped out of his blanket fort and raced to the source of the voice, which was in the kitchen, but froze when he saw what had happened.

Yurio's biological mother, Ayna Plisetskaya, stood behind 3 shattered glass plates. However, they weren't just any old plates. They were a creamy white, with a border of pink roses, and had originally belonged to Isidora Aleksandra Plisetskaya, Yurio's late grandmother.

"Would you care to explain how your Grandmother's plates got destroyed?" Plisetskaya interrogated. Yurio felt as if the already small room was closing in on him.

"I didn't do it, I was in my room," Yurio responded, trying not to stammer. And it was true, for the past hour, Yurio had been huddled under the blanket fort on his bed, reading a book he had got from school about Yuri Gagarin, the first man in space. (Every Friday afternoon, Yurio's teacher let the students pick out a book to read over the weekend from her class library. Yurio didn't like school or reading, but it was just something he did to pass the time before he got to go to his skating lesson)

"So they just magically fell out of the cupboard?" Plisetskaya mocked.

"Het. Maybe the door was already open, I mean, it is kinda windy out." Yurio suggested.

"So you're saying that the door was open, and the wind pushed them out of the cupboard?"

Yurio didn't do anything. It was a trap, he knew it. If he nodded his head, Plisetskaya would scream bullshit and assume it was him, but if he said that he was the one who did it, he would be lying.

"Answer me, Yuri." She commanded, taking a step closer. Yurio mentally took a step back, but in reality was glued to the floor. "Was. That. What. Happened?"

Yurio nodded his head. He was a terrible liar, Plisetskaya knew that. Maybe, just maybe, she would believe him this time.

"BULLSHIT!" She screeched and grabbed the boy's wrist. Yurio winced and looked up at her raging face.

"Really Mom, I was in my room!" He meekly defended. But she didn't believe him. Plisetskaya raised her hand, and Yurio closed his eyes, braced himself for what he knew was coming next.

What felt like a volcano erupting in Yurio's cheek made him wake up with a jolt. He involuntarily brought his hand to his face, making sure that it really was just a dream, and the normal coolness made him realize it was.

Yurio reached for his phone, hoping it was a reasonable hour, knowing that there was no way he was going back to sleep. And luckily for him, He had a text from Otabek sitting in his messages.

Otabek: Hey

Yurio: You do know what time it is, right?

Otabek: Did I wake you up?

Yuri: Нет. Bad dream took care of that