Chapter 11

As we walked home from the hospital, hand in hand, I felt as if I was walking on air. Everything looked normal, everything looked healthy, and the Baby looked absolutely beautiful.

"I can't wait for the next ultrasound!!!" I proclaimed, seeing Viktor's beaming face

"Me too! It was so magical! And Dr.Tsuchiya said that they might be able to tell boy or girl next one!

"Vikor, why do you care about that so much? It's not we're going to treat them any different or have them wear certain things whether they are a boy or a girl."

"I know, but Russian surnames are very gender-specific."

"Really?"

"But you know that after all, you are learning Russian." Viktor passive aggressively said.

"Sorry, I've just been kinda busy and tired lately and when I have actually sat down and tried nothing seemed to stick. Извините. (I'm sorry)"

Viktor sighed. But then his look of understandable disappointment turned it a mischievous one. "Fine. But as the baby gets bigger, you will have wished you did." He taunted, a mischievous look in his eye.

"Viiiikttoooor?" I ask, slightly insanely terrified.

"So what do you want to do with the rest of the day?" he abruptly asked, as f our previous conversation about Russian never happened.

"I'm not sure. Do you have any ideas?"

"Het. But it doesn't feel like it's time to go back yet.

"I know what you mean. Hey, maybe we could go to target or some sort of store like that and try round 2 of picking out baby clothes?"

"That sounds like a wonderful Idea." He winked.

The Baby clothing (which was in a different spot from the baby supplies for some odd reason) was right next to the lamp section, giving it a warm, nurturing feeling, on top of the normal bright lights of Target. Like most clothing stores I had been in, the section was completely separated from pinks and blues, girl and boy, which didn't make much sense. I mean, Why should one person have to wear different things than another, because of their gender?

"Where do you want to start?" I ask Viktor, who still hasn't been able to stop smiling.

"Well, what do we need?"

I pull my phone out of pocket and take out the list I have on this exact topic. Babies are really messy, so Yuuko suggested planning for 2 outfits a day, which for 1 week would mean 14 outfits. For nighttime, she said that just one a night would do, which would add up to 21 total. Both Viktor and I have a problem keeping track of our own socks, so the baby is probably going to need about a million. Then adding in the fact that the baby is going to be born in the beginning of winter, they're also going to need lots of hats, sweaters, and a winter coat, but because it's may, none of that is here right now. We were lucky enough as we were because there were clearance items still from winter. But then when you calculate that because we live in an inn, there is always some form of laundry going on at all waking hours, then we really only need half of the stuff, which comes out to-

"Yuri?"

"Sorry, I was calculating. We need about 7 day outfits, 3 or 4 nightclothes, and the largest pack of socks we can find. And size wise, it's all newborn. We can get more when they grow out of it."

"Alright! You go get the socks, I can get the day outfits."

"Viktor, we really should do this together. And besides, they don't need super fancy clothing. They are literally going to grow out of it in 3 months, at the most."