Vending Machine

Michaela woke up early to shower and prepare herself for her first shot with Free People, and by the time that everyone was up, Michaela was ready for the day. Callie drove Michaela to the location of the shoot before Callie was needed at work. Michaela walked into the area that was set up for the shoot, with confidence. She walked up to a man who had a clipboard and looked in charge.

“Hello, My name is Michaela Hendricks, and I am one of the models for today’s shoot. Can someone tell me where to go?”

“Oh yes, you came to the right person. Hair and makeup is over that way.” He said pointing towards a door to her right that clearly said Hair and Makeup. “And then they will send you to wardrobe, and after wardrobe the shoot will begin.” Michaela started to walk to wards the Hair and Makeup room, and was soon greeted by friendly faces of models all of whom looked to be around Michaela’s age. She perched herself on a hairdresser chair that was marked, Ms. Hendricks. Then a small lady with deep brown eyes and long blonde hair came up to Michaela and introduced herself as Jenny, and started contouring Michaela’s hair to the way the photographer wanted her hair.

“Hey, I am Michaela Hendricks, and I just moved here from Texas.”

“Oh, everyone knows who you are. We don’t get many new models at Free People, and when we do, the models are very professional, and top-notch. So I am assuming that you know the drill?”

“Yes, I am accustomed to ‘shoot etiquette’ or however you want to call it.”

“How do you like London?”

“I am enjoying the move. My friends and I have a really nice home that we are staying at just a little outside of the city-limits. The customs are some-what different, but we expected that.”

“So what made you and your friends decide to move?”

“All of us have wanted to move here our whole lives, and we made a pact that after college we would move to London together. And we did it.”

“ That’s a really cool story. What do your friends do?”

“Sassy, works at a hair salon called Swish, Lizzy, writes songs. And a band just hired her to help them write songs for their next album. Lastly, Callie works at Swimming is Cool. Callie used to train for the Olympics. And of course I model.”

“So it sounds like everyone has her own profession. That’s really cool.”

Michaela was really thankful that Jenny was her personal makeup and hair artist, because; her last artist had been extremely rude towards Michaela. He always did his worst when he was assigned to her. Michaela said goodbye to Jenny, as soon as her hair and makeup were done, and walked into wardrobe. She took one quick look at her outfit and knew that she was the perfect person for the job. The outfit was 100% Michaela. She got changed and went out to go meet the photographer, Abby. Abby seemed nice, but she gave the impression, do not mess with me. Michaela gave her work 110%, and had a wonderful time with some of the other models. When given a break, Michaela immediately went to her purse to dig around for some loose change, for she had seen a vending machine not too far away. She found a dollar. Yes! she thought just enough for some pretzels. Oh, But I will need water to go with the pretzels. So she dug around in her purse for another dollar

 Michaela’s feet already were hurting but to her ridiculously high heels that she had to wear, but walking to the vending machine made her feet feel even worse. Standing in heels was one thing, but walking in them was a whole other affair. Finally she reached the vending machine. There were two guys in front of her. Ooh, I wonder if they are male models. They seem fit.  She thought. She decided to strike up a conversation with them, instead of being shy as she normally would. She was in a new country, what would she have to loose? She noticed one guy the guy getting Twix.

“Ooh, Twix good choice. I cannot get enough of Twix. What about you?”

“I always have Twix.” The first guy replied.

The second guy replied, “You have an accent. You sound really similar to a person I met yesterday. Where are you from?” But before Michaela could say anything this small girl with shrewd chestnut eyes came out of nowhere, grabbed the second guy possessively, and started yelling. “Hey you. Get away from my boyfriend. Don’t ever talk to him. You home-wrecker. You should learn to mind your own business and stay away from other girl’s boyfriends.”