Nandos

Lizzy ran out of the house the next day, avoiding every one. The entire house had too much drama for her liking. She was happy to go to the studio where she could work with people that she did not live with. Lizzy was looking forward to the day, when she could spend a little time with Niall. Lizzy even got up early so that she would have more time to put in her appearance to make an impression on Niall. She was wearing a white off the shoulder sundress. She accessorized with turquoise bracelets and earrings. And she wore tan sandals. She drove to work ideas for songs running through her mind. At the studio, all the boys who were hard at work recording a song, greeted her.

“Good mornin’.” She addressed.

“ Hi.” They each responded. Lizzy put her purse down, got out her notebook, and started writing lyrics on paper. Halfheartedly, she listened to their progress on the song, only correcting them when they needed it. Over all she was very pleased at how they did her song justice. She was astounded at how heartfelt the boys sang the song, as if they were the ones who wrote it. She was busy working on lyrics and rhythms all day. And when she needed to figure out chords and harmonies she would excuse herself to another room where she would have privacy to sing and pluck the notes on the piano. As a new song was progressing, Niall walked through the door.

“Hey, you’re working hard. How about you take a break? We are all going to Nandos. And if you didn’t bring money, don’t worry, it’s my treat.” Niall said, easing Lizzy’s worrying about whether or not she

“Um, sounds great. I will be ready in two.”

“Ok. I will be waiting.” Niall quietly shut the door, as Lizzy finished her last few bars to her song, which she was now calling Light Hearted. Lizzy quickly applied lip-gloss, and walked out to meet her waiting friend. “Hey, I’m ready.”

“Great. I will drive you.” Niall lead her to his car, and opened the passenger door for Lizzy. He drove to the nearest Nandos where the rest of the guys were waiting. Niall opened the car door for Lizzy to get out, and he opened the restaurant door for Lizzy also. Walking into Nandos, Lizzy could not believe that she was there Nandos the place that she had heard was fantastic. But she didn’t know what to order. It was their turn to order, and Niall took control of the situation ordering three of the peri-peri chicken, one for Lizzy and tow for Niall. He took Lizzy to a table away from the boys; Lizzy was confused.

“Don’t you wanna sit with the boys?” She asked wondering what this little Irish boy was doing.

“Nah, I want you all to myself, princess.” Niall replied with a bright smile on his face. The rest of lunch flew by for the two of them, and Lizzy found herself really liking Niall and all that he stood for. That afternoon back at the studio, Lizzy was having writers block and really having a tough time with chords. She was worrying that she would not figure out the rest of another, Glass, by the end of the day when it was due. She was really frustrated with herself. Her motivation was close to none, and she did not know what to do. Her mind soon became preoccupied with worrisome thoughts more than lyrics. She had stressed herself to the point of tears. Her fears grew, and she kept wondering if this was supposed to be what she was meant to do. She started missing home and her room. Almost at her breaking point, Niall came into the room to see how she was.

“ Hey, princess, what’s wrong?” His voice filled with worry as he rushed to her side putting his arms around her as comfort. Lizzy felt secure with his arms around her, and she told Niall everything that had happened in the house the past few days. He listened giving advice when needed, and he told her, “Princess, I want you here. Your friends want you here. They need you to keep balance in their lives. And I would really miss seeing your pretty face here at the studio. Please don’t go. You are here for a reason. You’re here with me for a reason. Baby please don’t go.”