Stories

“Yea, Lizzy, it is great to see you, and Sassy, I really do like the hair now.” Niall said.

“Wait, how is it possible for everyone to know each other?” Michaela wondered. As soon as she had said this, Callie walked in through the back door with some food that had been stored in the garage refrigerator. “Louis, Zayn, Niall, Harry, Liam, What are ya’ll doing here? I thought that ya’ll had dinner plans.”

“Hey Cal, we do have dinner plans, with you and your friends apparently, and I guess I do get to see you tonight after all.” Louis replied.

“Well, ok guys, we have water, sweet tea, lemonade. Sassy will you pour the drinks for the guys while I set the BBQ chicken in the oven to warm.” Sassy walked around asking the guys what they wanted and poured their drinks, and when she asked what Harry wanted he said, “You baby.”

Sassy was flustered. “No really, what do you want to drink?”

“Your blood.”

“ Ok, this is not going anywhere soon, so how about I get you a drink, and you drink it and like it? How does that sound?”

“Playing hard to get now aren’t we?”

“You’re not going to get this.” She said as she smoothed her hands down her side, and walked off. She got harry a sweet tea, and handed it to him.

“Thank you”

“You’re welcome.”

“You know, all the fun is in the chase.” Sassy smiled as she walked away. ‘All the fun is in the chase’ was a motto that Sassy lived by. It was funny for her to hear it said out loud though. Callie was busy mixing the salad; she included carrots, cucumbers, grilled chicken, tomatoes, and cheese. Louis was by her side, chopping the carrots to put in the salad, but he seemed to be eating the carrots instead of chopping them. “Louis, stop. Others may want to eat carrots.” But he ignored her, so she picked up a carrot and tried to hit his carrot out of his hand with the carrot in hers. But it did not work, so they ended up dueling in the kitchen. Michaela and Liam walked in just when Louis was screaming en gaurde. Louis and Callie immediately noticed that they had company, and straightened up. Callie decided not to add carrots to the salad; because, Louis had either eaten them or used the carrots as a sword. Callie warmed up the corn, mashed potatoes, green beans, and the corn bread. And finally the BBQ chicken. Louis grew bored watching Callie cook, for he claimed that she was too serious at this moment. Callie was starting to feel overwhelmed; all the girls were talking and not helping. But of all people, Sophia came into the kitchen and asked, “Would you like some help? You look like you are swamped.”

“Yes, thank you. I prepared everything today, but it needed to be warmed up. But in about 5 minutes I will be ready to serve.”

“Sounds great”, she replied as she started busying herself with the green beans.

“I want to thank you, for helping Zayn with swimming. I am really glad that you have the patience to help him. I have tried to teach him how to swim or just get near the water, but it did not work. And then the music company told us that they wanted the boys to do a music video in the water, and Zayn flipped. You must be really special to have that patience.”

“Back home in Texas, my family ran a small business helping disabled children learn to swim. I learned how to be patient. I trained for the Olympics, but the money became too much. And my family needed me to assist with the business. And I am not saying that Zayn is disabled look at him. But I just applied what I had learned about being patient to him.”

“Well, thank you.” She took the green beans and put them in a nice Tupperware bowl next to the corn. Callie lastly placed the chicken on the island for everyone to help themselves.

“Alright everyone it is dinner time.” Callie said, but she was to quiet for people to hear. Thankfully, Sophia noticed and took charge. “It’s dinner. I suggest you come over here and eat before Niall eats it all.” Immediately everyone started walking to the island. Each boy had a girl to tell him what each dish was so that they could decide whether or not they wanted to try it. As all and sundry had been seated, Michaela said, “Let’s eat. Please I am hungry.”

“I second that. All this food looks really good. Thank you Callie for making this.”

Lizzy, who was sitting right next to him, nudged him, ”I helped too you know”, she said.

“Yea washing the dishes, and taste testing everything”, Callie added. Lizzy’s face turned as red as a tomato. “What? I couldn’t help myself.”

Everyone laughed at this, and the conversation started circulating. “ So how did ya’ll meet?” Sassy asked Lizzy and Niall, who looked extremely cute together. Niall gave Lizzy a look of concern, but quickly looked at Sassy, hoping that she did not notice. “We met this morning actually, Lizzy was taking a walk, and she had a sad look on her face. So I asked if she was ok, and she ran away. Like Cinderella, but the only thing that she left behind was me. And when we went to go meet our new writer for our next album, there was Lizzy. I am really enlivened to have her work with us.”

“That’s great.”

“Callie, how do you know all of them?”

“Well, Zayn is taking lessons with me at Swimming is Cool, and the first day he brought along all of his friends.”

“ That’s funny.”

“Yea, they were there for moral support, but all they wanted to do was boost their moral by tanning by the pool side.” Zayn interposed laughing.

“Hey, I am sure that you care the most about your appearance out of the 5 of us. So who are you to judge?” Liam remarked.

“But both you and Harry work out so much to make sure that your bodies are in pristine condition.”

“At least we don’t carry a mirror all the time.”

“Ok you got me there.” Everyone laughed at Zayn’s embarrassment, including his girlfriend. Sassy was trying her hardest to not show that she thought that Harry was cute, but sometimes she caught herself looking at him.

“Well Sassy, I have a question for you. Truth or dare?”

“yes.” Exclaimed Louis

“yes, love this game.” Zayn pronounced

“Really Harry?” Sophia asked.

“I cannot believe that he is doing this.” Niall said to Liam.