Connections

Callie fixed the perfect southern dinner and all that was left was to warm up the food when the boys arrived.  The dining table was set for ten although there were only nine people coming. The table had an array of flowers in a vase in the center, and the dining ware was perfect. The room adjacent to the dining room was in pristine condition with more flowers on the coffee table. Callie and Lizzy could not be more proud of the work they had done. Around 4:45 she and Lizzy started to get ready. At five the rest of the girls came in chatting about their days, and soon began preparing themselves to make an impression. Since Michaela was the only one who knew two of the five boys, she was the one to introduce the girls. Michaela was doing her hair when she received a call; she listened to the ringtone before picking it up. “Hey, yes he can bring his girlfriend. That’s totally fine. Oh don’t worry. Callie prepared enough food to feed an army. Yes, we will be happy to meet her. Her name is Sophia? Ok, I will tell the girls immediately. Bye see you soon.” As soon as Michaela hung up the receiver, she yelled “Hey girls, one of the guys is bringing his girlfriend so Callie, you were smart to set an extra place. And her name is Sophia.”

Callie replied back, “I think things through Michaela.”  Just before it was time all the girls were ready. They gathered in the kitchen making a pitcher of sweet tea, lemonade, and water. But if someone wanted a coke, then the girls would offer a Coke or Sprite. They were prepared. A few minutes after 5:45, the doorbell rang making each girl jump. Michaela walked to the door. She answered the door. “Hello.” She was finally able to get a good glimpse of the two guys who had given her a ride the previous day. They were handsome, and their friends were really good-looking also. The girl was striking; she had a tall figure with dark brown eyes and long wavy brown hair. She was standing beside an Arabian looking boy, so Michaela assumed that they were the couple. “I am Michaela. Come on in. Thanks for coming.” She led the group to the kitchen and den area, where the rest of the girls were. The walk was only a short distance, but it felt as though forever. Everything was awkward. She had a good time with Harry and Liam the day before, but it was different. They were with new people. Michaela did want to talk to Liam alone though, she thought that he was the best looking of the group. As they arrived Michaela said “And these are my friends: Lizzy and Sassy and Callie.” “Wait, where is Callie?” Everyone just stared at one another, not knowing what to do. Then Harry said something. “Lizzy, what are you doing here? And wait, Niall is that girl, Sassy, the girl who bleached your hair? All of you are friends?”