Black and Yellow

Callie snuck back in late that night or early morning, and around 8 the next morning Callie was a zombie floating on clouds. She floated through the kitchen on little sleep, but all of her friends left her alone to relive the moments she had with Louis. Michaela was happy for Callie, but she wanted to have a date with Liam. Her date was scheduled for the next evening. They were going to watch a movie. But first Michaela had to go through a the day at the shoot. The girls were normally mean to Michaela, and she relied on jenny to help her through the day. Michaela had Callie the zombie drive Michaela to the shoot, and Michaela went through her normal routine of check in and stuff like that. She went to hair and makeup and the normally giddy Jenny looked fuming.

“ Good morning Jenny, I absolutely adore your hair cut. Sassy did an amazing job! Don’t you think?” Michaela said happily trying to make Jenny feel better.

“Thank you. Now. I’m going to turn you around today so I can surprise you. You’re going to look amazing!” Jenny said with false enthusiasm.

She turned Michaela around so that Michaela could not see that Jenny was planning on making Michaela look terrible. At the end, Michaela was told not to turn around but to head straight to wardrobe. She got dressed still wondering what she looked like. She didn’t even have the chance to look at herself in the mirror at wardrobe before being rushed to go to the shoot. The new photographer was weird; her name was Wei-Wei. She was a little off but a fantastic photographer. Wei-Wei looked at Michaela, and said, “I don’t know what exploded on your face, but we don’t have time to send you back to hair and makeup. So you are excused for the day. And I don’t think that I will want you the rest of the week either. Thank you for coming though, but if you just want to help the other models that would be great.” Whispers immediately started, and Michaela over heard snippets of conversations. One girl said, “ I don’t think that it’s her make up that was the messed up part. Her face is so messed up and just look at her thighs! I swear, she must wear like a size 14 for pants!” As if Michaela was already devastated enough about not being wanted, she just felt even more depressed. She walked over to hair and makeup to confront Jenny on her work.

“ hey Jenny, So crazy thing. I was kicked off the set for my makeup. And I am not wanted for the rest of the week. Why did you mess up my makeup? What did I do?”

“Wei-Wei kicked you off? Haha good. It’s not your fault. You are just my sweet little revenge.”

“Huh?”

“ Well, I asked Sassy to keep my hair long, but this boy came into the salon. And she was so shocked that she chopped of a good portion of my hair. I hate this cut so much. She was such a dimwit for making this mistake. So as revenge I sabotaged you. It’s all her fault. If she had cut my hair right, you would have a job today and for the rest of the week. But then again you could look at the bright side. You won’t be around creepy Wei-Wei this week.”

“Sassy’s mistake was an accident, but don’t worry. I know how I am going to handle her.”

Furious Michaela stormed out of the building, and went to the nearest drug store and bought yellow hair dye. She hailed a cab to take her to the house. Lizzy was busy with the boys at the studio, and Michaela knew that she could get away with replacing Sassy’s shampoo with dye. Michaela sulked all day but she made dinner so that everything would seem a little normal. All the girls came home telling stories from one young mom accidentally picking up the wrong child from lessons to Niall farting in the studio so loudly that it was recorded. Michaela pleasantly listened to the chatty girls, but she refused to look or talk to Sassy. And that night Michaela was flipping through the channels when she heard a scream from upstairs. She could only chuckle to herslf, knowing that her plan had worked.

“ MY HAIR IS FREAKING YELLOW. WHAT THE CRAP IS GOING ON HERE! WHY IS MY HAIR FLIPPING YELLOW! I HATE THE COLOR YELLOW!” Sassy screamed so loudly, if life were a movie a flock of birds would have flown from the bushes; she was so loud.

Michaela screamed back, “NOW YOU KNOW WHAT IT’S LIKE TO HAVE YOUR HAIR MESSED UP ON! DOES THE NAME JENNY RING A BELL? SHE MESSED UP MY HAIR AND MAKEUP TODAY BECAUSE YOU MESSED UP ON HER’S. WELL THANKS. I DIDN’T HAVE A SHOOT TODAY NOR WILL I HAVE A SHOOT FOR THE REST OF THE FLIPPING WEEK BECAUSE OF YOU! I HATE YOU SASSY!”

Sassy gave no reply. She just cried, wishing someone was there to comfort her.