Olympics

Tuesday of the next week, Callie, Louis, Zayn, and Sophia were going to go to the London Olympics to get a taste of real swimming for Zayn. And for Callie going to the Olympics was going to be hard; because, these men and women were living her dream. When the athletes and tourists started coming into London, Callie became more excited to show Louis a little bit about her past. Sam had obtained for Callie four tickets to go and watch the swimming events. One morning of the races, Zayn, Sophia, and Louis were coming to the house to have breakfast. Seven o’clock, Louis came bursting into the house too loudly for early morning. “Morning babe.” He greeted Callie softly kissing her forehead.

“ Mornin’. Hey would you mind asking Zayn and Sophia what they want to drink?” Callie asked him.

“Sure thing.” And the overly excited boy left the kitchen to tend to the sleep couple. Callie fixed a buffet of pancakes, waffles, eggs, watermelon, cantaloupe, apples, bacon, and Nutella.

“They want apple juice.” Louis said returning from his errand.

“Great.” Callie poured the drinks and the group quickly gathered to eat their meal. The energy level rose as each person started talking about the events of the day. “ I am really excited to see Ryan Lochte and Michael Phelps race today. I know they will represent the United States well.” Callie said.

“Of course, you would be cheering for the Americans. But I thought that since you now live in London you would be cheering to Great Britain.” Zayn said, a little surprised.

“ I was born in America. I will always be an American with our surfer dudes, cowboys, and hillbilly’s.” Callie said in reply to Zayn’s comment. She continued, “Did ya’ll know that I could be in these Olympic games right now swimming?”

“And I’m the Queen.” Louis said laughing as if Callie had stated something outrageous.

“Very funny, Louis. I trained for these Olympics, but my family couldn’t afford for me to keep training and advance. So I had to quit. Thanks for believing in me, Lou.” Callie said a little disappointed that her boyfriend didn’t have enough faith in her.

“Oh, I didn’t know that. I’m sorry babe.” Louis said realizing his mistake.

“It’s ok. Forget about it. Ya’ll ready to go?”

“I cannot for the races today!” Sophia said easing the tension.

       The group made their way to their seats where they were able to see the pool really well. Callie and Louis were back to normal when Callie saw Ryan Lochte. “Ryan!” she called hoping to catch the boys attention. And she ran down the stairs to the barrier where she could talk to him better.

“Is that Callie Austin I see? Wait, THE Callie Austin?” He said jokingly as he approached her.

“Hey Ryan, good to see you.” 

“Cals, you look great! What are you doing here?”

“ I came here to see you. You’re a big star now. I wanted to show the world I know you.” Callie said teasingly.

“You’re funny. No why are you here? Are you dreaming what could have been?”

“Well yes and no. I was given the tickets from my boss. And seeing you was just a bonus. So you nervous.”

“ That’s like asking if the sky’s blue.”

“ But here in London, the sky is mostly grey. Don’t worry you will do great. I have full faith in you. And let me just say, no wonder all those girls back home are going crazy over you. You have really bulked up these past few years.”