Late Night Adventure

Tears came to her eyes, but Lizzy forced them back. Her father was not there on her wedding day. She walked to Niall at the altar, giving him the biggest smile. Her brother gave her away to him. Niall whispered in her ear, “Princess, you take my breath away. You look gorgeous. I cannot imagine anyone more beautiful or radiant than you. I know your father would be proud of you right now. You were his princess before you were mine. I know he is watching from heaven right now. ”

At this moment Lizzy woke up from her dream, tears streaming down her face. She looked at her clock. Her clock read four, and since London is six hours ahead of Houston, Lizzy decided to call her mom. She needed to know that all was well.

“Hello?” January James, her mom answered.

“Hi mom, I just wanted to check in and see how everyone is doing.”

“Honey, isn’t it four across the pond?”

“Don’t worry about me. How are you and daddy?”

“We’re fine. Your dad has been hunting a lot since his retirement. And I have been helping Mrs. East and Mrs. Blunt with the spring musical. They are doing Mary Poppins. It is such an adorable play!”

“I’m glad to hear it! How are Melanie and Nathan doing?”

“They can’t decide where to send Mason to school. Mel really wants Mason to go to Second Baptist, but Nathan is more open about sending Mason to St. Peter’s or Sinclair.”

“Mason needs to go to Second. It’s a family tradition.”

“I agree. I will tell Nathan what you said. Now Lizzy, I have told you what’s going on down here. Go to sleep sweetheart.”

“Night mom. Love you. Miss you.”

“Love you too. Sweet dreams darling.” Mrs. James sighed into the phone. Lizzy felt better after talking to her mom and was soon able to fall asleep.

       That Friday night, Lizzy paced the living room floor nervous about her date with Niall. Thoughts about whether or not they were a couple flooded her mind. She could not read him sometimes, but she could tell from his voice earlier that Niall was excited about their late night adventure. But he was late. Lizzy was in a baby blue baby doll dress that she had bought especially for this. She had been pacing for twenty minutes, and then she decided that he had forgotten. She sulked upstairs to tell the girls that she had been stood up. The doorbell rang. Lizzy ran down the stairs, and opened the door. Niall was standing on the porch, wearing a blue polo and dark blue skinny jeans. And he was wearing a blue flat hat. “Princess, I am so sorry I am late. I don’t have an excuse. I honestly lost track of time. I was busy planning tonight and making sure that everything was perfect. Then I looked at the time and I barely had time to shower and change. I am so sorry. I wanted to make this night perfect.” Niall said, sincerely saying every word. He felt extremely guilty that he had lost track of time.

“You should have called. I thought you forgot.”

“ I know princess. But I am going to make it up to you.”

“And how do you plan on doing that?”

“Princess, just wait and see.”

Niall took Lizzy’s hand and lead her to his classic black 2013 Maserati.

“Nice car.”

“Thanks. So you ready?”

“Yes.”

“Alright let’s go.” Niall drove from her driveway and off into the night they went.

       Lizzy and Niall walked through the streets of London, and he took her everywhere any tourist would want to go. They walked for a little while, when Niall lead Lizzy to a golf course. There was a golf cart waiting by the side of the clubhouse. The key was in the ignition. “Are we allowed to do this?” Lizzy asked looking around scared that they would be caught or get in trouble.

“ Do you think that I would take you to do something dangerous or something that could get us in trouble?”

“No. I trust you.”

“Louis’ normally the one that gets in trouble. I’m good… sometimes. Come one get in. I arranged this. Stop worrying.”

“Alright. Let’s do this. Wait, what are we doing?”

“You will see.” Niall drove the golf cart to a little lake. Lizzy looked around, and then she saw a blanket with candles around the edges. “You did all this for us?” She asked amazed that he would go to great lengths just to think about this.

“yes. I thought you would like it. So do you like it?”

“No.”

“What?”

“I love it.”

“You scared me for a second there.”

“Sorry. But you are seriously the sweetest guy.” Lizzy kissed his cheek, and she saw how his cheeks started blushing. Afraid that she took a step too far, Lizzy walked away towards the blanket.

“Now what are you doing there princess. You don’t just kiss a guy’s cheek then walk away.” Niall said as he reached the blanket a few moments after Lizzy.

“Sorry, I just don’t know where we stand. I’m not sure if we are dating or not.”

“Have I not made it clear? I really like you Lizzy. Did out little snogging session give you enough clues?”

“I’m no Sherlock when it comes to guys.”

“Well let me tell you. Princess, I want you to be my girlfriend even if I already consider us dating.”

“I did too, but it was never said.”

“Good. Now can I kiss you?”

“Ok.”

Niall and Lizzy spent their time at the course cuddling and talking about music, family, and friends. Niall had prepared tea in a thermos so that they could have caffeine. He also had Nandos’ chicken wraps in case they got hungry and wanted a midnight snack. The night flew by, and soon the sun was rising over the lake, right across from where Niall and Lizzy were sitting. On the way home, Lizzy fell asleep on Niall’s shoulder. At her house he woke her up. “Princess, we are at home. Come on. I’m gonna walk you to the door. Then go to sleep. You need it.” He gently stroked her hair while saying this. She would not get up. So he kissed her cheek. “Lizzy, get up. You’re home.”

“Huh? Oh did I fall asleep on you? I’m sorry.” Lizzy said rubbing her eyes.

“No, I liked it. You’re home now.”

“Alright.” Niall and Lizzy walked to her doorstep. And bid her goodbye with one last kiss.

“Bye Niall. See you tomorrow.”

“Bye Princess.”

Lizzy walked straight to her room to continue her dream from the carried home. She wanted to get back to her life with Niall. Her dream this time had no sadness. In her dream she was married to Niall with a baby girl, Simonia, on the way, and a baby boy, Kyle, already in the world. If only her dreams would become reality.