Emily's Surprise

~~~~TYLER~~~~

~~~~~KAT~~~~~~

************************************************

Sassy was still working at Swish, but Emily was harsher. Emily was not the friend/ boss that she had been before the Harry/Edward debacle. It had become a habit for Sassy to open and close the salon, easing Emily’s day. She opened the salon hurriedly Saturday morning, as the phone was ringing inside. Sassy ran to the phone to answer it, “Hello?”

“Hi. Is Emily Graves there?” A woman asked politely.

“No, I am sorry. She will be in later today though. Would you like to make an appointment with her? Do you want a highlighting job or just a classic trim? Or would you like to restyle? ”

“Yes. Yes. I would like that. How about a classic trim?” The woman said pausing before she answered as if weighing the decision.

“Around what time would best suit you?”

“How about 11:30? Is she available then?”

“Yes, she is actually. Now what name do I put the appointment under?”

“Missy Grimes.”

“See you soon Mrs. Grimes.”

“Goodbye.” Sassy put the phone down not thinking about the phone call again. She set up the salon so that it looked fresh. She replaced flowers on the front desk and swept the floor. Around 9:30 Emily came in to the salon. She had on no makeup and she still had bed head. Her eyes were bloodshot, an she looked like she had not showered.

“Good morning Emily. You have an appointment with a Mrs. Grimes at 11:30 for a classic trim.”

“Ok.” Emily mumbled before she went to the back. A customer came in to the salon and gave Sassy the chance to start her day. Sassy looked at the lady who had brown eyes that were framed by cat eye type eyeliner and fake eyelashes. She was larger, but she seemed comfortable. She was wearing a bright top with khaki shorts. Sassy asked, “how can I help you today?”

“ I would like to have my hair touched up, and I would like the shade to be just a little darker blonde. I would also like a trim.”

“Alright Ms. Let’s get started. Oh, I am Sassy by the way.”

“I’m Laurie Blue.”

“Nice to meet you Ms. Blue.”

“You as well.” Sassy noticed the smooth recognizable voice Ms. Blue had, but didn’t say anything. Sassy worked hard on Ms. Blue’s hair, wanting to fulfill her customer’s vision. After a long time of working on Ms. Blue’s hair, Sassy was finally done. “Alright Ms. Blue, you’re done.”

“Thank you Sassy. I really do like the color a lot better than before.”

“I am happy to please.” Sassy lead her customer to the front desk where she took her payment. Ms. Blue was very generous with her tip giving Sassy $50 when the appropriate amount was $30.

“Bye Sassy. Thank you.”

“Come back next time! Bye. Ms. Blue.” And Ms. Blue walked out the door. At 11:30 Sassy was tending to a little boy’s hair when she saw a lady come into the salon. The lady had dark brown hair styled in a bob that flattered her face well. She looked like she wasn’t there for a haircut. Leaving the boy’s side, Sassy went to go talk to the lady.