Kiss Me

Michaela was never woken by Callie and Louis’ fighting, so she got a good night sleep. She got up in the morning excited for her day ahead. She was going to be in a shoot as the main girl. Wei-Wei had really started to like Michaela’s work and asked Michaela to be the main model for the winter collection. Michaela threw on Nike shorts, a t-shirt and tennis shoes, her normal before shoot outfit. She was eating breakfast when she realized that Callie was supposed to drive Michaela to the shoot. Mad that Callie had forgotten, Michaela stormed upstairs to get Callie. She stormed in the room without knocking. She saw that Callie was dead asleep wrapped in Louis arms. Louis and Callie were clothed, but Louis had his shirt off. Michaela decided to leave the drowsy couple to sleep and call a cab. If she woke Lizzy or Sassy, then her head would be chopped off.

       Michaela was on time for the shoot. Since the Jenny incident, Michaela had been assigned a new hair and makeup artist, Natalie Kate. Natalie Kate was a sweet lady with tow young girls Kim and Chloe. She had been married for ten years, and she knew a lot about dating. In the few days that Michaela had worked with Natalie Kate, Michaela really liked her.

“Good morning, Natalie Kate.” Michaela greeted the tired mom.

“Morning sweet girl. You ready for the day?”

“I am! How are the girls?”

“Thanks for asking. Kim is growing up to be mischievous. Yesterday, Kim felt that her eyelashes were too long. So she took a pair of scissors and cut her eyelashes. That girl is clever. Chloe really loves Gymnastics. But her schedule is driving me crazy. I feel like I have to do cartwheels just getting her there everyday. And school starts soon, making life crazier.”

“I want to be a mom one day. I don’t know how you can work and be a mom at the same time.”

“it is hard, but work is more like a break. I have always loved hair and makeup, and you are easy to work with. And during the school year my sister helps a lot with the girls.”

“That’s always good. My parents worked, so my grandparents were always picking me up and taking me places. I’m still really close to them.”

“It is always good to keep that relationship. I don’t want my relationship with the girls to change when they become teenagers.”

“I’m sure it won’t. You seem like the cool mom.”

“I try.”

Michaela was finally ready for the shoot. The shoot was for the winter collection. The collection featured eclectic scarves, knee high boots, and large overcoats. The setting of the shoot was to look like an ice skating rink in the middle of a forest. The trees were lined with white Christmas lights, and there was a gazebo in the ice also lined with white lights. She walked to wardrobe to get her first outfit. After wardrobe, Michaela walked out on the “ice” so Wei-Wei could tell Michaela what to do. Wei-Wei- saw Michaela and ordered, “Go to the gazebo and sit down gazing that the “stars”.  Michaela walked to the gazebo, and then Wei-Wei added, “Oh and pick up a mug like you are drinking hot chocolate.” Wei- Wei turned around and ordered to the crew and managers behind her, “ I need a mug. Someone find me a mug. Oh and find my new assistant Megan. I need her.”

Michaela sat in the gazebo practicing her poses with an imaginary mug. She saw a girl approaching her with a mug. Michaela took a look harder, and she realized that the girl was Megan, Liam’s crazy ex. She was the girl who went crazy seeing Michaela with Liam. “Here’s your mug. It took me forever to find it, and I don’t think that there’s another one in the building. Megan said cryptically. Michaela reached her hand out to take the mug, and Megan put reached the mug an inch from Michaela’s outstretched hand. Wickedly smiling, Megan dropped the mug. Michaela grew terrified. Wei- Wei heard the crash and yelled, “Everything ok?”