When We Give In

Captain's POV

When i heard the heartbreaking news of my parent's accident, it was as if the world had stop turning. Everything turned from rainbow to the color gray. I couldn't even fathom what i felt inside, everything was so mixed up.

P'White speed up to the hospital once his ride came, and here we are, in the hospital where they took my parents. I called Namtarn to know exactly where she is. She said she was in front of the operating theatre, where they operate my parents together.

She looked like a fragile china when i came, i had to act as if i was a strong brother she can lean on, while in fact i was not. She was running to me and jump at me right away the moment she saw me. I let her cried in my arms, even before she has a chance to explain to me what happens.

"Namtarn, what happened? please tell me. And what do they suffered from?" My voice got stuck in my throat. I still couldn't believe what happened. Maybe they will wake up at any moment and scolded me and sent me away the way my mom did when she found out about us.

"Pa...Pa's unconscious, they still trying to bring him back but couldn't promise us anything. Ma..Ma had an internal organ rupture and they said she had a slim chance to live.." Namtarn was sobbing and crying and her clothes was a mess of damp pond. She's clinging helpless on to my body, like the way she was when she was still a baby.

"P's here, Namtarn. Everything's gonna be ok. Shh..don't worry, sister. I'll take care of anything." I gave her hopes though in reality my heart was torn in pieces.

Namtarn saw P'White whose face was the same paper-colored like us. He look at us, but says nothing as if he doesn't want to bother us both. I put Namtarn back to her seat, and i sit next to her.

"How did this happened Namtarn?"I asked her.

She crumpled her shirt and started to sob again. "Ma..ma wanted to buy that gyoza you advertized, remember? She always have it for dinner from sometimes ago, maybe she misses you but couldn't say that to you. She's so stubborn like you, isn't she?" She said weakly.

"This night Pa was very tired after his business trip, but Ma really wanted to buy it so they went together. But then another car hit them from Pa's side, that's what happened according to the witness. That car was driven by a drunkard, and he's dead now." Namtarn told me every details of that accident. I swallowed hard hearing what she said, trying to contain my tears. Why Ma? you could've asked me to come home, i'll always be there for you. I could even give you tons of gyoza if you only asked. You just have to ask, Ma.

P'White was walking closer to our direction, ignoring the stare of our relatives who were looking at him like a hungry wolves. They know who he is but don't know the nature of our relationship.

"Captain, Namtarn, is there something i can get you?" He asked me. I look at my dear sister who looks like she can collapse any minutes.

"Could you get her something to eat or drink, P'?" I said. He nodded, and went away. Then one of my relative came and sit by my side.

"Captain, he's your best friend, isn't he?" She asked, her narrow eyes shone with excitement. I nod. I honestly don't know what to tell her. If i told her the truth my family will banish me altogether, maybe.

"Can you introduce him to me, Captain? i mean i'm the same age with him, maybe he will find me attractive."

How can she? at a time like this she had a heart to ask me that kind of thing. I look at her in disbelieve. "Ok." Whatever it takes to get her out of my sight, i'll do it. I smiled at her my best in the cutest way possible.

"I have to go to the bathroom. Can you take care of Namtarn for me while i'm gone?"

I didn't wait for her answer and went straight to the bathroom. As i close the door of the restroom, i begin to shake uncontrollably. I cried my heart out, i lose control of my acting skill. I let every sadness poured out of my chest.