Twilight Symphony

Captain's POV

If i can resume my life for this past 24 hours, i would say that my life's suck. Everything happened so fast that i lost track of time, i don't know the beginning and lest i know how it would end. I'm afraid that i can't come back to my old life since we're trapped in this hellish pit of earth, if this is really earth.

That kid, Phun, said that there's actually two kinds of male species in this new world, the first kind is an ordinary guy just like him, they act like a normal man and live their lives normally.

But another kind of male is called a 'carrier', they can carry a child and considered to be very rare in the society, only around 1: 1000 birth amongst all the people, making them a valuable subjects.

They were guarded since birth, no one is allowed to be near them until it was time for them to be wed, and they were usually married to the highest bidder, making their families filthy rich with their dowries.

For a boy like Noh, he was special because his DNA structures had been tested and showing no flaws, adding to his values aside from his flawless appearance. He was released to Phumiphat household at a very unreasonable priced dowries and he'll be joining Phun's hand in marriage after he graduated from high school.

That innocent young boy was now standing next to me, watching a synthetic fish swimming around in the pool. Contrary to the face he showed us before, right now he looked so sad. I wonder what makes him like that.

"Hey, Noh. Mind to tell me what's on your mind?" I asked him. He's startled for a while but remained still.

"Ah, young master Captain..can i get you anything?"

I frowned hearing him calling me young master, but i just stand by him leisurely. It was strange, standing by someone that was 'you'. I was 'him', years ago. That clear innocent pond of eyes was mine years ago, that boyish supple body was mine, everything was mine.

"No, Noh. Just stay with me like this. Do you know that we have a lot in common?" I asked him.

He look at me as if he questioned me about my statement. " How come? P's so handsome and you're so matured." Talking about childish breaking out voice, he has this melodious sweet voice which was so alluring. I could fall easily if i wasn't me.

"Nah..don't think too much. What are you doing, standing alone here? why don't you go to your boyfriend? i'm sure he misses you." I asked him.

He smiled, but the smile was so full of grief and misery. He didn't reply my answer right away, there was a gap of silence in between.

"No he won't,P'. He's not the type of man who can falls in love. He had stated it clearly that he only needs an heir from me. He said he had been looking for me amongst thousands of other carrier and he finally found me. Once he spot me he asked my parents for my hands in marriage and they agreed. From that moment on, i had moved to his mansion until the day of my marriage. And that day is coming closer, P'."

Hurt. I saw pain in his face, it's written clearly in his crooked smile. I pat his shoulder lightly, trying to give him a little support.

"Do you love him, Noh?" I asked him.

He didn't answer. Just an empty gaze to the beautiful little manmade pond ahead. Silence again.

"Does it matter if i love him or not, P'? I have to marry him anyway. Marry him, give him sons, that's my duty. Once i'm done with my duty i'll be free to do what i want, so i'm looking forward until my duty is done."

I was so shocked to know about this whole truth. Coming from that sweet lips doesn't help to reduce it. But somehow i remember the way he look at Phun when we were in the garden earlier, and it was the look of pure love. I don't believe that he doesn't have any feeling for that brat.