The Anchored Bay

White's POV

I asked my Mama to follow me to her room, and gave a signal to Captain not to follow me. He understood and went straight to my room, while i held my Mama's hand and lead her in.

There in her room i told her everything, making her shed so much tear of anguish. I understand what she feels, but i'm always honest to her and i don't want to change for any reason.

I know i was the one to blame for everything, and watching her cry right now can only add to my misery.

"I'm sorry Ma...your son is to blame for everything, but please don't put this blame on him. Captain did all he could to avoid me in that alternate universe, but there was nothing he can do to prevent me. Ma..please say something, hit me, smack me, curse me, anything that you want, Ma..."

I was reduced to a baby in front of her, curled up in her lap and admit my helplessness.

She sighed a couple of times before managing to say something.

"Son, none of your story is make sense to me. What if you're in my position and hear the same thing as i am? Are you saying that you make him pregnant and now you have a baby? have you lost your mind? "

She cried even more hardly. I know it's hard for her, it's hard for me too. But this is what we have to face, the reality that we can never change, and there will not be another chance for Captain to bear another child since we've already back here.

The baby is innocent and he needs us to give him love. Somewhere along the way, i cried with her too. I've wronged her too much. I'm in love forever with a guy, i can never get marry with a girl, and maybe i can't make my family proud with this way of life, but this child has to have a family. My Dawn will never cry over his life, that's what i wanted to make sure of.

"I'm sorry Ma..I'm really sorry.."

We cried together, arm to arm, for a long time. And afterwards, she pulled out from me and looking at my eyes. A small hint of smile dancing in her lips.

"Come to think of it..actually i want a child from you, son. I even dreamed of your son. Maybe..maybe it's the way God show us His mercy and divine blessing."

She halted for a few second and continue with her words.

"But son, imagine that you are in Captain's shoes, what would people think of him if they find out that he has a child without marriage? Poor thing...and remember, you're the father of the child, you have to be responsible for his future. If i have to say something, you have to marry him. Marry him in the most respectable way and make him happy for the rest of his life. About our families, i'll talk to your dad and our families. But marry him for God's sake.." Those tears are still flowing from her eyes, but the initial shock was subsided and replaced by another wave of emotion.

I nod my head as an approval. I see her in the eyes, and smiled at her.

"That's my plan, Ma. I won't leave him alone for whatever it takes. Believe me."

She smiled at me weakly, but then as if she remember something, she shook my shoulders.

"Almost forget...show me the baby. I need to know my grandchild."

I dashed into my room where Captain had been waiting, and found him there, sitting next to our sleeping baby. Dawn looked so peaceful, his plump cheeks rosy and glowed healthily.

"Someone wants to see our baby, Captain." I smile widely.

My Mama comes after i fetch her, and when she saw Dawn, her tears flows again.