Forever Doesn't Last Forever 5

Chapter 5 (Mixed Signals)

Monday morning. Kill me now. 

I hit my alarm about 100 times before I actually get up and shower.

I curl my hair, put on some leggings along with a blue tank top. 

It was nice seeing Hayden over the weekend and just pouring all of my thoughts out at one time. I'm glad he opened up to me about his mom and family. I trust Hayden, and I haven't been able to say that since Teegan died.

"Scottland! Someone is here to drive you to school, and it's not Hunter."

"Hey Hayden." I say a little confused.

"Hey thought I'd drive you to school today. Is that okay?" 

"Yeah for sure" I smile.

"Scottland remember you have to be home right after school, your father and I need to talk to you." My mom says. 

"Okay I know mom."

We walk to his car.

On the way to school I'm thinking about how everything that's happened is too good to be true. I'm the one going to get hurt, nobody else but me. Again. Teegan left me, why would anyone else stay around?

"Hey are you okay?" Hayden says with confusion.

 "Yeah, just thinking." 

"About what?" 

"Oh you know, how my family is falling apart, Teegan, you, the normal things." I give a small chuckle of nervousness.

"You know you can talk to me, right?"

"Yeah" I say with a small smile.

Hayden and I are listening to music when my phone lights up.

'Hey are you coming to school today?'

It's Hunter.

'Yeah Hayden is giving me a ride. Sorry I forgot to tell you.'

'No worries see you in a few - Hunter'

When we arrive to school right as we walk in I get a bunch of stares than oh great! I see Hannah. I don't know what's happened in Hannah's life,but she's a pretty messed up person and no one really understands what's wrong with her. "FREAK!" I hear someone yell. Then someone else says "You should die just like her pathetic sister." Then Hannah walks over to me.

 "You know, you should listen to them Scottland; I mean come on, Teegan was the only 'real' person who gave two shits about you and she had the life I bet you could only dream for in this highschool. Even your own parents think it's your fault she's dead. So why don't you do us all a favor and put yourself out of your own misery" I start to sob. 

I don't think I've ever run so fast in my entire life.

What did I do to deserve this?

All the things Hannah said are true. My parents do blame me for Teegan's death and I don't know why. I know it's not my fault but when it's grinded into your brain you start to question everything. Maybe I should just kill myself, I mean being called a freak doesn't necessarily make someone want to stick around.