Chapter 20 (Edited)

I took a deep, shuddering breath. I had no idea as to why I wanted to say these things in front of the whole pack instead of just Carter.

However, I knew that the whole pack needed to know who I was and that their queen was alive and in dire need of assistance. It didnt matter if they wanted to help me out, but surely they would want to help the future queen.

Darkness was falling onto this pack and the other pack, and I knew that if either of them fell, then it would be the end of the world as we knew it. The other places would fall if both this one and the other pack fell for... whatever reason.

"Well?" Michael asked for Carter. "What did you want us here for? Some of us have important business to attend to."

I cleared my throat and took a deep breath. "I am not eighteen years old," I said, my voice not showing the panic that I was definitely feeling. "And, I my name is not Anastasia Meyers." I gestured to Blue. "And, he is not my uncle."

"Well, then why are you here if you just lied to us?" Carter asked, using Michael again.

"Because my real uncle, the king, ordered me to come here," I replied. I took a deep, shuddering breath and sighed. "My name is Anastasia Teresa Steele. I am one hundred and nineteen years old, and I am the estranged daughter of the late queen and king." Bitterness filled my voice when I said the last part, but it didn't matter to Carter when he roared out in anger. I was surprised when he didn't attack me, but I was sure that there was a small piece of him that did care.

His eyes turned black as he stared at me in anger. "You," he seethed, speaking for the first time. "You're the one that killed my MATE?!"

"I didn't have a choice," I replied. My heart pounded in my ears as I ignored everybody cursing me out except for my mate. A part of me wanted to fall on my knees and beg for forgiveness, but I knew that he wouldn't care if I did.

"Everyo-"

"I was controlled, my Wolf especially receiving the brunt of the spells that had been placed on my body."

"The Council sai-"

"Oh, don't tell me what the Council said and didn't say," I said, interrupting him. I dodged the attack caused by him and pursed my lips. "Did you know that your precious Council thought to put the princess, my cousin, with a male half her age, causing her to run away? Yes, she is still alive but in hiding."

This caused the whole group to seize in their threats. They all knew about my cousin running away, but I was sure that they didn't know the details.

"Tha-"

"It's true," I said, interrupting him. "I should know. I have been talking to her for some time."

"Oh, and if it is true, where is she? Or is she even alive?"

"She is at the Foxheart Pack and needs your help," I replied. I glanced at the pack before looking at my mate. "The man who had controlled me, showed me power, is going to attack there sooner rather than later." I paused and took a deep breath, knowing that they wouldn't believe me when I said this. "That man is the one that had showed me "power" at the cost of loosing my first mate, my "parents", my sister, and my Wolf."

'Oh, and what is wrong with your Wolf?" Carter asked. "Or do you not have one?"

"I have one," I replied. I reached into my pocket and pulled out one of my medication before tossing it to him. "That is what has her under wraps. It is toxic to everyone except for me."

Carter studied the black pill, and I could tell that he knew what one thing was in there. His race turned slightly pale, before it gained color again. "And why should we help?" he asked, tossing the pill back at me. "You are the cause of all of this. Why don't you do us a favor and kill yourself?"

I smirked, catching it. "I am," I said, holding the pill up so everyone could see it. "This is going to kill me one of these days and so is this battle."

Carter moved in front of me and stared at me. Anger filled his eyes as he got into my face. "We will never help," he spat. "It is your fault, so you are going to have to deal with it by yourself."

My heart broke but I made sure that he didn't notice. I got into his face and sneered. "Good fucking bye then," I replied. "I will see you in hell." With that, I hopped off of the stage and started to walk to the van that Blue was in.

"I am not going to reject you, you know," he said, causing me to pause with my hand on the door. "You don't deserve another chance."

I took a deep breath and let it out. I didn't turn to look at him, knowing if I did then I would cry. "Let's hope that Jo can kill the Master and me so you can have your chance at happiness." I turned to look at him and smiled, knowing full well that I would never find my chance. "I am sorry that I am not it."

And with that, I got in and left the pack, praying that Avery would find a stronger mother figure than me...

***

"Who the hell are you, and how did you get here?" someone asked, going into the kitchen. Lorcian narrowed his eyes at me, and I could tell that he was wanting to attack. For some reason, however, he never did.

"Anastasia Steele," I replied, stuffing Colt's ice cream into my mouth while I waited for either my uncle, cousin, or those two to walk in. "Niece to Marckus Steele and part of the sector with the code number 00095674." I took my wallet from my back pocket and tossed it to him. "And, I go by "Shadow", so you shouldn't really see me." I looked up when Jo, Colt, and Troy walked into the room and waved.

Colt caught sight of me eating his ice cream and groaned. "You owe me two of them," he scowled, causing me to shrug.

Lorcian furrowed his brows in confusion and tossed me back my wallet. Again, that same sense I had noticed sometime came back over me, leading me to believe that he was that man. "Wait, what?"

"I was here... yesterday?" I asked, glancing at my cousin for confirmation. "I had... business to take care of."

Lorcian narrowed his eyes at me. He was on the verge of trusting me and not rusting me, however, he didn't know which one to do. He knew that I worked for the king, but I was also the person that had created havoc for this pack. "Wha-"

"Yes, I will check the kitchen for her," my Uncle said, walking into the kitchen. He caught sight of me and scowled, causing me to shrug my shoulder. "She is here." He paused and rolled his eyes. "Yes, I will tell her that you are pissed." He growled a warning. "I know this, McAlistare," he warned. "Goodbye." He hung up the phone and scowled at me, causing me to shrug.

"What? I needed to run, so I just ran the rest of the way." I took a bite out of my ice cream. "I left my phone in the car."

"On accident or on purpose?" Jo asked, causing me to scowl. She knew me a little too well.

"On purpose. I broke the Protectors bond with Michael, and he had been blowing up my phone ever since then."

Jo scowled but didn't say a word. She glanced at Lorcian before looking at me, and I could tell that she didn't know what I knew. "Did you tell them?" she asked, causing me to nod. "Are they going to help?"

I shook my head.

Jo pursed her lips. She knew that it was time to tell them her story, and she knew that we might not be able to win this. A lot of pressure was being put on her, and I couldn't help but wonder how she was handling it. "Shit."