Chapter 8

The sun had set. Sawada walked slowly through the path he used to pass long ago with his buddies. The wind blew softly. He's fixing his shawl and continued his walk.
"The river side was no longer bare. There were some shades grew along the edges. Some were big cherry blossoms and the oak tree they used to sit under was getting bigger.
"You're so late,"
"Shut up! Shin! Shin! Are you okay Shin?!"
"We're coming to help you!"
Those voices were coming to his head. The moment when him and Minami had a fight with some guys feom the other school and over a girl, when the other friends heroically came to help. Uchi with all the baseball outfits, and Kuma and Noda with anything they could use as a weapon. All those baka moments that he still clearly remembered.
Then he stopped on a stairway and sat down. His phone was ringing. Once, twice… he looked at the name and finally picked up the phone.
"Mosh mosh…" his voice was deep. Then he paused, as he listened to a voice he recognized well.
"Yo Shin! Ahhh I'm so happy I finally can reach you." a husky high tone voice reply cheerfully. It was Kuma. He was standing as the call he made was on. His wife was busily talking about the expenses, but it seemed her chattering voice didn't bother him at all.
"Shin, where are you, man? Got this number from Noda. I really want to see you. Do you still live at the same apartment, ah of course not. You must be very successful now! Look.."
"What do want?" Sawada replied in short.
"Eeehhh…?" Kuma stunned. Is this his reply after a very long time they didn't see each other. Has he forgotten that long time ago he was his closest buddy? Kuma tried to change the subject.
"Is it… possible for us… to see you…" there was a hesitation in Kuma's words. He didn't feel comfortable like before. All his words and excitement on his head was suddenly crushed by Sawada's cold mannerism.
"Look we're gonna meet tomorrow evening at Uchiyama's workshop, if you still consider us as your friend,  b there okay. We're waiting for you. Jya ne.." Kuma hung up the phone before Sawada answering him. He knew anyway that his long time buddy wouldn't even say a word.
Sawada sighed as he stared at his hung up phone. Put it back in his overall coat's pocket, he continued his stroll back to his own apartment.