Chapter 10

A black 1940 Corvette stopped in front of a ramen restaurant. Seemed the owner had modified it to a fancier one. With a couple of white modified stripes. This car looked more impressive than any other cars parked there. The owner came out from the car. His shoes shone as the sunshine hit the front part of the car. Kuma who sat down in front of the counter and was busy with all the papers and calculator in front if him suddenly stunned and looked out from the window. A big smile suddenly sprung from his face. His chubby cheeks are blushing and shining from a sudden happiness.

"Shin," Kuma was still smiling.

"Do you have a time," Sawada asked coldly.

"Sure Shin," Kuma replied in a haste, his nervousness was seen obviously as if he was talking to a boss.

"Honey, honey, you take over this for a while okay, It won't take long, I'll be back soon" shouted Kuma to his wife.

***

Sawada drove his car faster than any other cars they passed. He seemed had something he really wanted to show Kuma. Why Kuma? Why not the other guys?

He remembered it was Kuma who persuaded him first to sign an apology letter when he had a fight with Minami in High School. Kuma was like a kid but he was also the one who he trusted the most back then. His friendship with Kuma was stronger than with the other three. Kuma was the one who worried about him being expelled from school the most when Sawada had troubles. Kuma saved him so many times back then in High School. He was also the one who worried sick and finally managed to reach him when Natsumi was found dead.

The car they rode reached a small building next to a stranded baseball court. Sawada stopped the car and walked followed by Kuma behind.
They reached the room Sawada intended to show Kuma.

"They found her here, the police said. Right there..." His hand pointed to the plank on the top of the kitchen door. Kuma couldn't say a word.

"You're the first one who told me. I'm thankful for that." His rare eyes stared onto the plank.

"Shin..." Kuma couldn't say a word. He really wanted to say something to make his best friend feel better, but he wasn't really good at words.

"It was five years ago, Shin," Kuma was shocked hearing that words came up from his mouth,

"Damn! Why I said this!! Baka!!" He thought.

"Yeah, it was five years ago, then I found her picture!! It was five years ago, then I saw her irresponsible ex-boyfriend walking freely down the street with a girl! It was five years ago! Yes! And Nobody! Nobody cares!!" Sawada's tone rose up as he could no longer control his emotion.

Only in front of his best friend Kuma, he could be himself.

"That's not true Shin," replied Kuma in hesitation.

He really wanted to comfort his buddy. But he knew he's not good at it. He just stared and paused. He was stunned looking at his best friend whose now really in a down low. It's the first time he saw Sawada like this. He's squatting down, his palm was covering his face. His shoulder was shaking.

"Shin..." He was trying to touch his buddy's shoulder to comfort him, but he finally decided not to do it.

"I wish I went home earlier, I wish I didn't go again after spending five years in Africa. Baka! I was to selfish and conceited! She was asking for help and I didn't listen to her, everything is too late now" Sawada drowned his face in his palms. He lost control and broke down.

Kuma understood now. His best friend actually needed him. He needed someone to talk to.

"Shin, I'm your friend. And you'll always be my best friend. We're buddy dude! I'm not going to say anything, I'm not good at this. But please, don't walk away from us if you've got a problem. We're always here for you." Once again Kuma tried to touch his back. He was shaking emotionally.

"That's right Shin!," another voice was suddenly heard from behind. Sawada turned his body.

"We're always here for you. All you gotta do just asked," replied another voice.

"We're buddies, and nothing can change that!"

Hearing those sudden voices Kuma smiled. He looked at the door where his friends Minami, Noda and Uchiyama were standing there, smiling.

Sawada couldn't say a word. His watery eyes we're staring at all of them. He had no idea how much actually he missed these baka squad. He burst into tears and went silent.
Uchiyama was approaching Sawada. He smiled and tapped him on a shoulder.

"It's all right bro, we're here for you,"

"I'm the one who called them Shin, I'm sorry. I messaged them while you're driving earlier..." Kuma finally leaked the surprise secret.

"Let's bring back the time minna," said Uchiyama smiling.

"Yosh!" Replied Minami and Noda.