Chapter 17

The street in front of the police station was busier than usual. Siren's roaring, a lady's shouting.

Two men were running out of a convenient store, they ran so fast through the crowds of people on the pavement, they ran and ran and tried to shift everything blocking their way. The first guy was so fat and round. He was panting in panic while trying to avoid some other guys who were trying to chase them. He seemed out of breath but he kept running.
The other guy was short and slim. It seems they worked together or perhaps they were friends. He ran faster than the fat guy.
He seemed trying to get away from someone's who was trying to chase them. He ran and ran but didn't see the fruit stall in front of him. He bumped to an old man who owned the stall. Trying to avoid he shifted the man and that had made the man crushed to his own fruit crates made it shattered everywhere.

"Hey you!! Stop! You pay for these!" The old man shouted. But guessed he didn't hear the poor old man who looked confused that his stall were finally wrecked.

Minami had his coffee in front of the fruit stall when this incident happened. He was in the middle of his patrol when suddenly he heard a noise. He put down his paper and rose when suddenly he saw clearly the face of the running guy.

"Hey! It's him!" He thought.

His skill in martial arts he got before entering the police academy apparently was quite useful. In a blink of an eye he moved his feet and blocked the running guy and kicked and punched his body in just a couple of blows.
Like a timber the guy fell down. Seeing his friend fell down to the ground, the fat guy was trying to turn back and ran to the other way, but another guy with a slightly grey line on his hair quickly made a fast move and knocked him down until he almost passed out.

"Ah captain, yappari you're here!" Shouted Minami to this old guy.

"These two guys are in a chase, luckily I saw them buying coffee and cream puffs in that convenient store. So I chased them," he's panting, bowing his body and touching his knees with both hands. He was almost out of breath.

"Captain, you could call me in a first place anyway," Minami smiled, he took out a cigarette and lit it.

"No time, they'd ran away again," he grabbed the fat guy's collar who was grinning in pain.

"Get up! Asshole!"

The guy was scared and panic he couldn't say anything but to obey what this officer told him.

Minami grabbed the other guy's shirt from behind. Even though this guy was fierce, he was surprisingly weak. He refused to get up but Minami pulled hard his collar that he had no choice but to listen to him.

"Hey man! I know you!" Threatened Minami.

"We'll talk at the office! Now get up!"

***

"Noda, I found the guy," A call from Minami startled him. Noda hung up his phone and hurriedly rushed to his car.
He drove away from the front part of his house and disappeared to the main road. On his way he made a call. His face was so tense but full of excitement. He hit the numbers without even looking at his hand phone. Yup, he's good at this, haha.

"Uchi! Yeah, look, Minami has found the guy. I'll get to your place and pick you up... Okay! Okay! Just be ready!,"

***
From far Noda could see, Uchiyama was already waiting for him. His tall figure leaning against the electricity pole in front of his workshop. Noda didn't need to bother himself to park his car in front of Uchi's workshop.
As Uchiyama saw his car, he straightforwardly seize it and volunteered himself to jump into the car.

"This is great!" Uchi exclaimed with a smile excitedly.

"Yeah, let see if we can get some info about it." Replied Noda.

"Let's get Kuma! I'm sure his wife won't mind about it!"

Uchi pulled out the seatbelt around his shoulder and tucked it next to him.

"Let's go!" Replied Noda, smiling excitedly.