Chapter 27

Suddenly a helicopter was buzzing around not far from the two of them stood. The wind blew the dust surrounding them to the surface. Yankumi tried to look up as she was trying to cover her face with her hand. Then suddenly she felt a cold touch, another hand touched her face covering her with a thick overall and protected her from the wind and the dust.

"Sawada..." She whispered in shock. It was Sawada Shin who suddenly took off his overall to cover his homeroom teacher and protected her. Then in a quick movement he pulled her arms and put his both hands around her body. Both were  squatting down on the ground.

Around Sawada's body, Yankumi was stunned. Her eyes were widened and  heart thumped and thumped hard as she could clearly smell a slightly nice fragrant left from Sawada's body. He was hugging her, protecting his beloved long time no see homeroom teacher. She could see he was looking at her eyes in a short while, a thin smile drew from his face as if he said,"I protect you".

The helicopter landed safely on the ground. Two fine built and sturdy man jumped down from it and quickly grabbed Sawada and Yankumi's body.

"Are you both okay, please step aside."

"Shin! Yankumi! Gome I came late!" A voice they knew suddenly heard from behind.

"Minami!" Yankumi shrieked. She was still pinching her eyes but were trying to look at the guy who was approaching her.

"Don't worry. We have caught the Sakurai guy down at the private airport near here. He was about to run away but good thing we were in a hurry. He was less guarded so it was easier for us to take him down. Now he is at the office."

Sawada didn't say anything. This time he was thinking that finally he did needed helps from his friends. As he got up from the ground, holding Yankumi on his hand, he glared at Minami.

"Thank you," that words finally came out from his mouth.

Noda, Kuma and Uchiyama were running in a haste from behind. Leaving all the bad guy's henchmen handled by some police officers.

"Minami sir," Odagiri Ryu ran approaching and gave his polite nod from Yankumi's behind.

"I'm sorry I came late, but we have planned all these earlier, this case has been a part of our operations. Odagiri Ryu was just transferred from the district office here to help the case. I couldn't explain you all everything since it's a police job. My apology..." Minami bowed down. As he gave his cue order to the other officers who just came by with three police cars, the sounds of the sirens and the helicopter broke the silence that night.

"Well, let's go! Let's get out of here!" Said Noda excited. He threw a very big smile to Yankumi and Sawada and tapped Kuma's shoulder's quite hard.

"Ouch!" Kuma grinned, but then he smiled.

"Everybody please step on the cars we already prepared for you all," a short officer informing them.

As they all were about to leave Minami and Odagiri gave a sign asking Sawada to stay. Leaving the rest jumped on a black police van in front of them.

"No no! Not there, take them to the helicopter, it's faster!" Ordered Minami to his men.

"Yes, sir!" The two police officers lead them all to the helicopter leaving Sawada behind. When they were about to approach the giant machine dragonfly, Minami held Sawada's hand.

"Shin, there's something we need to talk to you..."

Noda, Kuma and Uchiyama glared at each other then glared at Yankumi
She gave them all her code to go first and she went back to Sawada. In a buzzing sound and the hard blowing from the helicopter's fan. She cover her eyes with her hand. Almost shouting she said,

"Sawada, you go with Minami and Odagiri okay! We'll be waiting later at my place. Take care, don't worry about us!!"

Then in a haste she walked away and jumped on the helicopter and flew with all the friends to the other side of the city.

The buzzing sound was gradually fading away. There were only couple of black van and a police car left behind. The police officers on duty were all busy sweeping all over the place, in case there were still some of evidence and Sakurai's henchmen left behind. Some of them were already taken in handcuffs. Apparently there were many of them, as they passed by, Sawada counted them, almost ten. That's something!

"Shin, before you heard this I really want to apologize to you. I'm really sorry I couldn't do much, I couldn't help you and I couldn't tell you anything." Said Minami in the most brief explanation as if he was talking as an officer to a common citizen.

Sawada widened his eyes, he stood up straight and was frozen as if it was a hunch that he was going to hear something that he probably couldn't handle. He fisted both of his arms on his sides and kept staring at his long time best friend.

"Eeehhh...?!" The voice came from his throat became soft and trembling. As if he was about to burst in emotions. He was totally unprepared thus he needed to be prepared, 'what is this?!' He thought, a good news?! A bad news?! Am I ready for this?!

Odagiri Ryu ran back with a brown folio size envelope files, he took out something from one of the envelopes he carried. It looked like a photograph. But he was still hiding it from Sawada. He stood in the most calming manner. He smiled and narrowed his eyes, glaring softly to Sawada. Slowly, he handed the upside down photograph to Sawada, but before that he glared at Minami who nodded at him as a sign that he agreed with his Kohai's action.

Sawada was still in puzzle. It was like a great punch on his stomach. He felt a bit limb on his feet and knees,"am I ready for this?! Am I ready for this, whatever it is?!"

Then in hesitation he touched the upside down photograph Odagiri handed him, so slowly as he tried to get himself together.

"Please take a look at this photo carefully, is she your sister?" Asked Odagiri firmly but soft.

"Eeeehhhh...?!" Sawada couldn't believe what he heard. As he widened his eyes he glared at Odagiri. He frowned his eyebrows then threw his sight towards Minami sharply.