Chapter 29

The night sky came out so quickly. It was kinda quiet around. All we could hear was just sounds of crickets chirping and other insects that probably knew somebody was outside on the porch sitting. Perhaps they were curious who might that person be.

This kind of atmosphere that Sawada loves the most about Yankumi's place. He sat right on the corner of the back porch. His eyes were staring at the thickets and the bushes right in front of him. He scanned the environment around him as he fixed his jacket's collar and drew in both of his feet and crossed them. His head was lingering for there are so many bitter memories he experienced through the years. The feeling of regret why he had to go to Africa and served himself as a volunteer worker. He still remember exactly the pain in his chest the first time he heard about Natsumi's death, after that most painful call he ever received from a family member he loved the most. It was like a hard blow from the world champion boxer that would dropped him right to the ground and never rose up. He loves his sister so much, his one and only beautiful sister whom he used to help back then in High School and who would he stood up and defended whenever trouble came across her life.

A tap on the shoulder startled Sawada. He was in a deep thinking that he didn't realize Yankumi was there all along watching. As he looked back, a cold thin point finger landed right on his cheek.

Sawada startled. He remember she used to do the same thing back in High School, and he did the same thing too. He stared at Yankumi who was smiling from behind. With the finger still touching his cheek. As she realized, Yankumi widened her eyes and looked away nervously. She became a bit awkward and immediately pull down her own hand and gave her most dorky grin on a face.

"Here's your coffee..." Said Yankumi immediately breaking the ice.

"Thanks," Sawada took the coffee mug from his teacher's hand.

"Be careful it's still hot," warned Yankumi as she dropped herself right next to him. Sitting in the most free spirit manner. She crossed her feet and held the mug which was still smokey from the heat in it. She carefully sipped the liquid in a slurping sound and gave an "aaahhh.." sound as if it was the best coffee she had ever tasted. Well, actually that what she felt deep down. Yes, she's happy. She couldn't explain but she's happy having Sawada's around. Once in a while she glared at him and look deep through the eyes. Then suddenly.

"Yankumi..." A word came out from Sawada's lips. He didn't look at her in the eye. his sight were set straight to the thickets as if he wanted to hide his true feelings inside his heart

"Hhhmmm?" Replied Yankumi in a sweet voice. She was a bit startled. Sawada's voice was always this husky and deep that it would melt any woman's heart who hear them. Especially with that present look which Yankumi herself sometimes couldn't handle.

(Okay, the writer starts to exaggerate - again - her impression on Sawada Shin! Kya! XD)

"Have you ever had a long long sleep that you forgot how it feels to wake up from a dream?" Asked Sawada, as he traced round his cup with his right point finger.

"What do you mean?" Asked Yankumi in a bit puzzled.

"Natsumi... I wonder how she looks like now..."

"Sawada..."

Yankumi glared at him. She had found out about the news from Minami, who straightforwardly told her right after the incident the day before, about what actually happened to her. She kept staring at her student with the gentlest stare.

"Sawada... Are you afraid?" Asked Yankumi.

"I don't know," replied Sawada.

"It's a mixed up feelings, I guess..." He replied calmly.

Sawada leaned his body against the pole near him. He inhaled and continued.

"I wonder if she ever forgive me..."

"What do you mean Sawada?" Asked Yankumi patiently.

"I didn't have a chance to listen to her Yankumi," explained Sawada.

"I don't know. It's like half of myself is really grateful. I am! I really want to see her. Demo..." Sawada suddenly paused, he looked at Yankumi, then looked down. He played with the mug then put it on the ground. He bit his lips and grinned.

Yankumi knew, 'aahh.. Yappari. He never changed,' she tapped his shoulder hard and gave her playful glare on him. And shout in the most dorky style Yankumi could ever give.

"Daijobu! I know you'll be happy meeting her!" She gave her biggest smile, grinding and showing all her teeth happily, but then she went awkward as Sawada glared back at her in a serious look.

"I... I me... mean... Gam... batte... Nne.." Continued Yankumi nervously.

There's a bit grin on Sawada's face. Yankumi thought 'this guy seriously needs to learn again how to smile properly,' then she smiled back at him awkwardly.

***
That night, Sawada Shin the criminal lawyer who was also the former student of Shirokin Gakuen 3D, sitting on his futon alone in the dark, reminiscing all the things he did in the past. His mind all went back to the time he departed for the first time at the airport to Africa. How his one and only sister Natsumi chased him behind because she was a bit late for she had a school test, and finally hugged him so tight and cried.

"Oni-chan please don't go... Oni-chan please don't go... Please..." As she sobbed and sobbed and didn't want to let him go.

That time Sawada couldn't say anything, he just stood there in silence, having his crying little sister hugged him tight. All he I'd was stood still with teary eyes.

That silent night, right in one of the rooms at Yankumi's place he started to think how selfish he was, and how eagerly he pursued his dream. His idealistic point of few of his own happiness. He fisted his hand and bowed down. His body was shaking. He couldn't help it. Like a time bomb all his emotions finally blew up. He finally ended up sobbing and sobbing as he whispered.

"Natsumi... I'm sorry... I'm sorry..."

Outside the wall connected, in her room, Yankumi leaned her ears to the wall connected her room and where Sawada slept. She stood still in silence and her tears began falling down her cheeks.