Chapter 18

Yankumi walked lazily with her sling bag round her shoulder. She was still thinking about the other night when she was visiting Sawada.
Her eyes wandered. Once in a while her feet would kicked a little, and let all the pebbles under her feel scattered everywhere.
"Why... Why... Why..." She was thinking hard.
The fact that he was nice before, even thought he didn't smile. It was indeed his nature. Compared to that night...
It seemed something new had been bothering him.
She was on her way home from teaching. The day was so cold. Snow began to fall. It was kinda beautiful, walking on the road where you can see some parts of the trees already went bare and fallen their leaves.
Suddenly she heard a sound from her hand phone. She hurriedly took it out and answered the phone in haste. She was expecting someone to call her, even though it was just her expectation.
"Moshi moshi..."
"Yankumi! Noda here..." Noda's voice seemed a bit startled her.
"Aahh Noda!"

***
The police office was a bit crowded this time. Apparently there was a bunch of tourist complained about something.
On one of the corner, in a small room, a man was sitting and leaning his body against his chair lazily. He frowned his face and pouted his lips. There a an extremely tiredness on his face.
"Look, I don't know whatcha' talking 'bout man!" He was almost mumbling that Minami needed to open wide his ears to understand his words.
Minami was smiling, he stared deeply to the guy in front of him. He was wearing an almost dirty blue V T-shirt. His brown hair was messy. He looks a bit older than his real age.
This guy continued talking, he fisted his hands several times to his own thigh. His pointed nose was a bit bleeding. Guess he's got a nice punch there.
"Look! I went fishing! I didn't know about those packages!"
"Wake up buddy! Fishing? This is almost winter you'll get frozen!"
"Whatever! I just don't know! Okay!"
Then suddenly there's a click sound on the door. A police woman entered the interrogation room,
"Excuse me sir, somebody's looking for you..."
"Ah yeah, wait for a sec," Minami replied.
"Please take care of him,"
"What's his name?" Asked the police woman.
"Satoshi! But his gank called him " little Toshi," replied Minami coldly as he left the room.

***
Outside the room, couple meters away he saw a figure he didn't expect to see. This guy was leaning himself against the window's seal next to the door of another interrogation room. He's all alone.
"Sawada..." Whispered Minami stunned.
As he approach this fine gentleman - the man's eyes set straight sharply to his eyes.

"Yo!" Was the only word Minami could say to his long life buddy. At least that's what he thought.

"Can I talk to him? As a lawyer?"

"Don't be ridiculous Shin, what are you talking about?" Asked Minami, puzzled.

"Please, let me just talk to him. I just want to see him." Sawada insisted.

"Okay, I'll let you talk to him, but as a visitor. The case he is facing right now has got nothing to do with your sister's death."

***

"Hey you! Somebody wants to talk to you come on!" An office who opened a cell door for a guy named Toshi.

This guy lazily walked out the room following this sturdy officer. His hands couldn't stop touching his wounded face. He grinned his teeth couple of times.
As he walked into the room, he could see a man was waiting for him. This tall lean man sat straight on his chair. He folded both arms and stared sharply to the criminal who just got in. This Toshi guy looked a bit surprised, he widened his eyes with an open mouth.

"You..."

"Have a seat," said Sawada calmly.

"How... Do you know... Where did you..." Before he could finish his sentence Sawada opened his mouth and continue his talk. He surprisingly could handle himself.

"Been a long time ne, how's your life?"

"I'm... Fine..." A stupid answer came out from Toshi's mouth.

"I need to know about my sister," Said Sawada calmly.

"What did you do to her, when I wasn't around..." Sawada looked sharply onto his eyes.

"Why you're asking that questions? I didn't know, I forgot..."

"Damn you!!!" Bam!! Sawada hit the table with both hands and shocking Toshi and the guards.

He closed his eyes, inhaled deeply, trying to control all his emotions.

"I need to know...'

" look, she's not my girlfriend okay, she's the boss's girlfriend! You're wrong! It's not me you're looking for!"
Toshi guy raised his voice to convince Sawada.

"Whaaaat..??"

"Yes, you often saw me with her, but I only picked her up, the boss told me to,"

Oh damn! Sawada couldn't believe what he just heard. He rose and approach the glass window.

"I hope you're not lying. You're sure know what will happen if you lie,"
Then he left the room. In an empty hand.