There For You.

Dave East Imagine...

Yn.

My heels clicked as I stepped onto the elevator. I kept to the left because there was a man already on it.

"What floor you going to?" He spoke

"It's already pressed," I said with a small smile.

I could feel him staring at me but I kept my eyes on the floor.

"Somebody bagged you I bet,"

I held up my left hand with my engagement ring on it.

"Lucky guy,"

The elevator door opened and David was standing there. I stepped off to the side. The guy was still staring.

"Where you going?" I said

"I was going to pick up our food," he said

"Okay, bye," 

I walked down to our apartment and unlocked the door, walking inside. I stepped out of my clothes and stepped into the bathroom to shower and wash my hair.

I spent at least 45 minutes in the shower until I heard the door close and keys drop on the table. I decided to get out and wrap myself in a towel. I walked into the kitchen drying my hair with a T-shirt. Dave sat the styrofoam containers on our kitchen table.

"Did you get barbeque?"

"Nah, I forgot,"

I frowned and turned away back toward the bedroom. I sat down at my vanity and braided my hair into two cornrows. I put on a T-shirt and shorts and some watermelon socks. I walked back out and to into the kitchen. He was standing there fixing our plates.

"I don't want any wings," I say

"Yes you do, you need to eat,"

"Where's Kairi?"

"At my mom's, here,"

He pushed the plate toward me. I took the fries off the plate, put them on a napkin and walked away. I heard him groan. I went into the living room and turned on the TV.

"Why you being difficult?" He walked in and stood in front of the TV.

"I'm not, I wanted barbeque and you ain't get em'. Now move, I'm trying to watch my show,"

He plopped on the couch next to me.

"What's your problem?"

"You David, leave me alone. Damn," I got up from the couch and went into the room.

"Aight bro, I'm not doing this with you tonight. I'm going to my mom's house,"

"Bye,"

I ate the fries and laid down, falling asleep.

Dave.

When I got to my Mom's I could tell she was prepping for the holiday while music played.

"Ma!" I called

Kairi ran up to me and hugged my legs.

"Hey babygirl," I picked her up and kissed her cheeks.

My mom walked into the room wiping her hands.

"What are you doing here?" She asked

"Letting Yn calm down," I sighed

"What now?"

"She just been real irritated lately and I know it isn't her period bc that was a couple weeks ago. I don't know what to do,"