Chapter 31 - Revelations

- Tuesday, May 24th, 2016 -

– 4 months after the disappearance –

I watch in annoyance, while I'm waiting for the bus, how Emma is skipping along with one of Janet's minions called Arianna. They stop in front of a car, giggling while two boys get out of the car. One of them kisses Arianna on her cheek, while the other puts an arm around Emma.

Two things stand out; he isn't Jacob, so I assume she finally broke up with the poor guy which she never really liked anyway. Besides, I know his face, I remember him like it was only yesterday.

"You know who I am?"

"No?"

"Do you remember anything from tonight?"

Well, now I fucking remember. I stare in disbelieve as Emma kisses Mike while standing on her toes. I stare at her, kissing the guy who hit me in the face, who beat the crap out of me and ruined my chances of graduating without at least taking summer school to do so.

But if they're together, if they're a couple, then why wasn't she at the party? Or have I completely missed her there?

But it does make sense that they knew I was trying to break up with Stan that week if Emma is dating one of them. Emma must have told him. But the only thing I don't get right now, is why she would talk about it to a guy I hadn't met yet.

Besides, does Emma even know that he's involved in the same shit Stan is in? Isn't it hypocrite of her to hate Stan, but date a guy that invites Stan to his fucking birthday party? I fucking hate the sneaky little bitch for trying to ruin my life, to bug me for weeks and weeks about gay people being normal, for me being an idiot to condemn them and then go around and drop me like I'm nothing when I come out to the school. Forced or not, she should've had my back. She shouldn't go around, hating my boyfriend, calling him shady and telling me he can't be trusted. It's her fucking boyfriend that fucking beat me up over noth...

"Oh damn." I mutter, still staring at Mike, noticing he's watching me over Emma's shoulder. "Oh damn it."

"...But gossip went quick and Finnley went out of line twice and they wanted to warn him by hurting you."

"No, fucking, way." I whisper.

"You okay there?" Felix leans forward to watch me from the side, before he follows my look at the cheesy couple in the distance. Mike already looked back to his friends, casually leaning against his car, laughing over something his friend told him. "Just ignore her. She's a shitty little bitch."

"I know..." I mutter, looking back around to see the bus pulling up in front of us.

"So, are you coming to watch the game tomorrow?"

"Now, why would I do that? You want me to watch those bitches chant my enemies' names? You want me to cheer for the guys who ruined my life?"

"I want you to cheer for me." He grins, taking a seat beside me in the bus. "You know, they let me back on the team. Jaimie's idea. He actually came up to me and apologized for treating me shitty for having your back."