Put Your Marketing Hat on!/ self advertising

Put Your Marketing Hat on-  Basic Skills/study/study/study/study.....

     I think sending out multiple reading requests to hundreds of users is a waste of time.  You may get a hundred comments on the first chapter but no one will bother to read the second chapter.  People will comment the second chapter only to say, "So when can you read my story?" 

And if you want to be really annoying and desperate, you can ask people to do read4read. 

I've seen multiple books on wattpad that have  two thousand comments on the first chapter but then I will click on the most previous chapter. The most previous chapter only has three comments and it's been posted a month. 

   And writers are always mystified by how many commenters seem to magically disappear.  Humans are incredibly  selfish creatures. So yes, they will tell you that they love your story because they want a favor in return.   If they truly loved your story, they would have read further. 

Another thing; don't ask someone to comment your stupid story every time you post a story. I hate recieving comments from the same person saying, "Hey, I posted chapter two! When will you read it?   I posted chapter sixteen, can you read it now?"

Actually, I'm going to delete your story from my library. Thanks!

If I'm compelled by a certian story, the writer won't have time to ask me if I read the most previous chapter.

Take a Hint. 

Now I use to advertise to multiple people and it didn't get me anywhere. It just was a waste of my time. You are better off spending that time writing. In fact if you just write more, you'll gain more fans then you would  by advertising. 

     Learn some basic marketing tips from the experts of watt pad. Study stories on the featured lists by doing these things: 

1. What is appealing about the cover?  

2.  What are the readers attracted to?

 3. Why do people like it? 

4. Are forbidden romances more popular than teen fiction novels? ect. 

5. How many views does the writer have? Do they post everyday? How long has the novel been up? 

  If you can figure out the 'why', you can create a novel that will be appealing to hundreds and hundreds of viewers!