| Chapter 16. |

"So you like her?" Mario questioned blandly, as Cameron continued driving down the road.

Cameron rolled his eyes, although, Mario couldn't see him through the phone. "I didn't say that."

"Cam, bro." Mario cringed. "The signs are all right there. You're doing things for this woman you don't ever do. First, you fingered her without the gloves, tasted them and then you ate her out and fucked her while she was sitting on the couch of The Therapist. Seems to me like you got some feelings here."

Cameron shook his head in response. "I do not. It's nothing more than a strong sexual attraction, Rio. She came to me, all angry and shit. Never had a nice guy in her life. So, when I saw her, I thought, let me be nice to her. That's it."

"Nah, bro. You did not need to get involved. Anyone could have been that man. Shit, I could have been that nice guy. But you took the chance and why? Just for some sex?" Mario asked another question, Cameron putting on his right signal so he could go to the bank and deposit some money. "Because you could easily do this with anyone else. It doesn't have to be your patient. Didn't have to be her."

"Yes. I know but I also know what I'm doing," He answered, shaking his head. "I don't fall for women, and you know it. This is just... the same as it's always been. Just a different woman."

Mario chuckled lightly in response. "Different everything. But alright, cool. In that case, good luck, Cam."

"Hold on for a sec," Cameron said, pulling up to the drive-thru window at the bank. "Hi. May I have a deposit slip?"

"One minute please."

Cameron lifted his head in curiosity, glancing through the window of the bank. And there, stood Devin focused on locating the deposit slips.

"Fuck," Cameron cursed, putting his head back down as he rubbed his temples. "Out of all banks.. Rio, are you still there?"

"Yeah, I'm here. I stopped to pick up a quick sandwich. What's up?" Mario answered.

"Devin. She's here." Cameron whispered, so she wouldn't hear him through the microphone.

"Where?" Mario asked, sipping his drink loudly.

"P.T bank!"

"Why are you yelling at me? Doesn't she work there? You should have seen this one coming." Mario laughed, as Cameron narrowed his eyes.

He instantly replaced his blank expression with a frown. "I didn't expect her to be my teller."

"Does she recognize you?" Mario questioned.

"She's about too- my mask is off." Cameron sighed, rubbing a hand through his hair.

"Then, do what you did before, I guess? Flirt with her or something." Mario suggested.

"Mario, I can't do that. That was..." Cameron attempted coming up with an excuse.

"You just said it was all for some sex, right? Go on and loosen her up." Mario spoke, and Cameron could just imagine the smirk on his best friend's face.

"I'm sorry," Devin's voice spoke through the speaker again. "Some idiot moved the deposit slips. Here you go."

"Ugh, why not?" Cameron sighed, before clearing his throat. "Uh, no worries. You can take your time, beautiful."

Devin raised her head, with a quirked eyebrow. Her jaw dropped, once she made eye contact with Cameron and a smile followed. She struggled to get words out her mouth, as she slowly shook her head side to side.

"Uh.. h...hi?" She stammered in shock.

"You know, your voice sounds just as beautiful as you look. When you're not stuttering, of course." Cameron winked at her through the glass window.

"I... I'm not stuttering." She crossed her arms across her chest.

"Whatever you call it, baby girl." Cameron chuckled, writing down his needed information for the deposit slip.

The pull at the end of his lips resulted in a smirk once he lifted his head and saw the grin on Devin's face.

"And there goes that amazing smile." Cameron spoke smoothly, putting the piece of paper inside of the tube to send back.

"Who... who are you? And why do you keep telling me things like that?" Devin inquired, staring at him confused.

Cameron raised an eyebrow, as he debated telling her his name. Instead, he decided to only answer her second question.

"I just know a good-looking woman when I see one, is all."

Beep. Beep. Beep. Cameron looked through his rear view mirror, seeing the pile up of cars behind him.

"I'm sorry, gorgeous. I have to go. Talk to you later." He answered, putting his car in drive and pulling off. Leaving Devin just as disoriented as she was the first time she had seen him.