| Chapter 37. |

Devin drove to Javon's elementary school, as they both listened and sung along to the few songs on the radio. Finally, 10 minutes later they had arrived to his school. Javon gave her a huge hug and a kiss on the cheek before she watched him head into the school building. She smiled and waved goodbye to him a final time before peeling off towards the bank. She walked into the bank, smiling and waving to a few coworkers and the little amount of customers that were already there as she made her way to the back room.

"Good morning, Devin." Isaac's raspy voice spoke from behind her, causing Devin to turn around and give him a small smile.

"Hey, Isaac." Devin replied, placing the headphones on her neck as she signed into the computer.

"You look tired. Rough night?" He questioned, leaning against the door frame.

"Yeah, but nothing you got to worry about." Devin continued typing on the computer before she heard Isaac speak again.

"Alrighty. Well, I'll let you get to work." He replied, before the sound of his shoes exiting the room filled her ears.

"God. I wonder what Cam is doing right now..." She sighed, shaking him from her thoughts. She needed to focus on her work and not worry about Cameron Woods anymore. He wasn't worried about her. 

-

"What's for dinner tonight, mommy?" Javon asked his mother from the backseat, as Devin un-clicked her seatbelt.

"I think mommy's going to make some tacos, tonight. How does that sound, baby?" She questioned, watching as Javon nodded his head.

"Great, because I'm starving." She spoke, climbing out of the car as he followed. He grabbed her hand, as they both walked into their apartment building. Devin unlocked the door, dropping her stuff on the kitchen counter as she got ready to prepare dinner. She grabbed the two big pots, one for the meat and rice in the other. Javon walked out of his room, strolling into the kitchen where Devin still was in his spidey pajamas.

"Mommy, where's daddy?"

It was then that Devin had noticed that Jazz wasn't sitting in the living room. She wiped her hands on a kitchen towel, looking through the house for him. But still, he nor any of his belongings was anywhere to be found. And Devin knew exactly where he had went.

Jazz had up and left his family for the second time in the last seven years.

"I don't know, baby." Devin lied, as Javon scrunched his face up.

"Will he be back?" He asked, Devin shaking her head side to side.

"I don't think so, baby. Why don't you go wash up? Dinner is almost ready." She replied.

"Okay." Javon retorted, going to the bathroom to wash his hands.

After washing up, Devin made both her and Javon's plate and took a seat at their kitchen table. Javon sat across from her, sipping his juice box as he got prepared to take a bite of his taco.

"This looks really good, mommy." Javon spoke, as Devin nodded her head.

"Thank you baby. How was school?" She eased into her seat, sipping her water.

After eating dinner and talking about Javon's day at school, Devin and her son both climbed into her queen sized bed ready to go to sleep. It had been forever since Javon had slept with her, and she was glad that he wanted to tonight. Although, he claimed to be a big boy- he was still her little baby.

Devin fluttered her eyes closed, moving closer to her son as she wrapped a tight arm around his small frame. "Well, baby. It looks like it's just us again." Devin mumbled, rubbing Javon's curls softly.

"That's okay, mommy. Because I love you." Javon yawned, as Devin gave him a quick peck on the nose.

"I love you too, Javon. Good night." She replied, drifting off to sleep with her favorite guy.