| Chapter 32. |

"Javon!" Devin called out, stirring the pasta noodles a final time.

"Baby, I said dinner is ready." Devin spoke again, walking down the hallway towards Javon's bedroom. She creaked the door open, not surprised to see Javon playing with his action figures alone as Jazz sat on his bed, scrolling through his phone.

"So much for spending quality time with your son." Devin scoffed, wiping her hands on the dish towel on her shoulder.

"He good playing with himself." Jazz mumbled.

"But he wanted to play with you. His father." Devin hissed, as Jazz shrugged.

She rolled her eyes. "Dinner is ready."

She watched as Javon put his action figures back in his toys box, while Jazz just pushed by her towards the kitchen. She scoffed, locking her fingers with Javon's as they made their way back into the kitchen. She let go of Javon's hand, allowing him to climb into his usual seat in the kitchen.

"Uh, you didn't make my plate?" Jazz snarled, as Devin turned to him with a raised eyebrow.

"No, I didn't make your fucking plate. You're a grown ass man. Stop acting like this in front of our son." She whispered, grabbing the dinner plate and loading Javon's pasta noodles and shrimp on to it.

"Do you want a piece of garlic bread, baby?" Devin asked, putting a small amount of food on the plate for the seven year old.

"Yes please, mommy." Javon answered, nodding his head as Devin grabbed the piece of toast and placed it on a napkin for her son. She passed the plate to Javon, turning around to see Jazz looking around like a lost puppy.

"What the hell is wrong with you?" Devin hissed, staring at him.

"You're really not going to make my plate, Devs? Shit, you should be catering to me on hand and foot." Jazz scoffed.

"You have got to be joking, Jazz. You show up after  six years and expect me to be happy that you're here? I'm not!" Devin shouted, forgetting that Javon was right at the table.

"Devin, I don't know who you getting loud with..."

"You! I'm getting loud with Jazz Lewis! I am not the same Devin that you cheated on multiple times and got knocked up. I'm a grown ass woman now and you're going to respect me in front of my son." She growled.

Jazz raised an eyebrow. "Oh, he just your son, now?"

Devin nodded her head. "He's always been just my son."

She heard him kiss his teeth as he walked behind her and made himself a plate. She sat down next to Javon, realizing that the only other seat was across from her. Where Cameron used to sit.

"Javon, baby. Switch seats with daddy." Devin told him, as Javon nodded. He grabbed all his things and scooted them to the other seat, as they ate their dinner. The dinner consisted of Devin asking Javon questions that she already knew the answer too but was hoping that Jazz wanted to hear.

But of course, Jazz just sat scrolling on his phone not even interacting with his son. Devin rolled her eyes and shook her head at him, wondering what had happened to Jazz. When she had first fell for him, he was somewhat sweet and kind. But the older they got, the more cocky he became. Maybe it was new kid syndrome. But by then, she was already head over heels for him.

Now though, she wasn't going to make the same mistakes. She refused to get back with Jazz and that was a promise. She had a taste of what a real man was like and that surely wasn't him. After dinner was over, Devin grabbed all the silverware and plates, piling them in the sink as she got prepared to wash them.

"Go run your bath, baby." Devin told her son, who grabbed Jazz's arm to lead him towards the bathroom.

"Yo, what are you doing?" Jazz growled, yanking his arm away from Javon.

Javon looked at him with a pout. "I need help turning the water on."

Devin looked into Jazz's hazel eyes. "Don't ever pull away from my son again like that, do you hear me?" She snarled, following Javon to the bathroom and helping him turn the water on.

Once she was sure that Javon was all settled into the bathtub, she closed the door and allowed him to do his own thing like the big boy he was becoming. She walked back into the kitchen, getting started on dishes when she felt a hand rub up and down her sides.

"So, are we staying up late or nah?" Jazz whispered, as Devin pushed him off her.

"Jazz, I don't care what you do but we are not staying up late. You're sleeping on the couch." She replied.

"Why can't I sleep with you?" His tongue grazed his bottom lip.

"Because I don't like you! I am only letting you stay here for my son so don't push your limit. You've already shown your ass but my son's heart is too big. Mine is not." She continued.

"Damn, Devs... It's like that?"

"Just like that." She answered, going back to the dishes. Jazz walked out of the kitchen with a clear attitude, sitting down on the couch as he flipped through the TV channels. He felt something vibrating beside him, and noticed that Devin had a text message. The phone was locked, obviously, but of course Jazz knew the passcode. Javon's birthday. 

Cam <3- I'm trying to give you some space but can we please just talk? Please? I miss you. And I'm truly sorry about what happened.

Jazz scrunched his face up at the phone, seeing that Devin's screen was a picture of Javon and Cameron on Javon's birthday. Jazz rolled his eyes, going straight to the the thread, tapping the message and deleting it. Then, taking the liberty to block Cameron's number from her phone.

"Let's see how sorry this clown is now..." He scoffed, talking about the man who had texted Devin that he didn't even know.

Keep in mind, while he did all of this, Devin had no idea that Cameron was still trying to get in contact with her. Because she hadn't seen a missed phone call since that morning and Jazz blocked Cameron's number before she could call back, she was sure that was the end and that he had gave up on them.