| Chapter 21. |

Inhaling a deep breath, Devin raised a fist and applied a harsh 3 tone knock to the door of her best friend's home.

The door swung open, revealing a makeup less Cami with a glass of red wine in her hand. "Damn, girl. Why the hell is you knocking on my door like you the damn police?"

Instead of responding, Devin just smiled at Cami. Too excited to even start with how her night went.

"Cami." Devin finally blew out after a long awaited pause. Cami rose her eyebrows, pushing open her door to let Devin in the rest of the way. Devin noticed her hint, walking into the house as she shed out of Cameron's thick shirt.

"I see you got cute and shit, what was so special that you couldn't pick your son up from school?" Cami inquired, walking towards her kitchen and grabbing Devin a wine glass out of the cupboard. "And I'm sorry, is that yours?"

"No. It's Cameron's." Devin squealed, Cami's jaw dropping in shock. She placed the wine bottle gently back on the table, before she could shatter it.

"What? Did you two go on a date? Oh my god, how'd it go?" Cami bombarded with questions, Devin taking the glass from her small hands.

She pulled the drink up to her aching lips, sipping slowly as a large grin played on her lips. "It was amazing, Mi. Probably the best date that I ever been on. And that kiss? Wow!"

Cami beamed. "Get out! Fo'real?" She asked, slight slang hanging off her tongue.

Devin giggled, pressing a finger to her two lips. "Shush. My son and your husband are both sleeping in the back."

Cami waved her off with her hand nonchalantly. "Girl, you know Javon's a heavy sleeper and Brian went out for a couple of drinks with the guys from work. Now, spill."

Devin sighed, seeing that she wasn't going to get out of telling her inquiring best friend. "He called me around four and asked what I was doing." Devin started, studying Cami as she sipped her red wine.

"I thought he just wanted to talk, but when I told him that I was free- he asked if he could take me out," Devin stopped to sip the wine. "And I of course, couldn't decline a offer like that."

"Where did he take you?" Cami questioned, rolling her eyes at the usual lame and cliche combo of movie and dinner.

"Rollerskating." Devin answered, Cami's jaw dropping for the second time.

"Rollerskating," Devin nodded, her caramel face turning red again. "Yeah! I nearly busted my ass out there but he was there to catch me. We just danced and talked for a little bit, but God. It was amazing." Devin smiled, sloshing her wine around in the glass.

"That's wonderful, girl! Better than going to Fatburger, right?" Cami giggled, referring to Devin's first date ever. At a fast food restaurant with Jazz.

Devin rolled her eyes, hating that Jazz was being mentioned but ignored it. "Yeah, way better."

Cami smiled, running around the table and wrapping her arms around her best friend. "I'm glad you had a good time, boo. It's been a minute since I seen this smile on your face from a guy. Or a smile at all."

Devin opened her mouth to speak, quickly being interrupted by the sound of keys jingling in the lock. Cami's front door swung open then, revealing Brian.

"Woah, what's going on here?" He slurred his words a bit, a quizzical eyebrow in the air as he shut the door behind him.

"Just some best friend embracing. Nothing big." Cami replied, before strolling over to her husband and planting a sweet kiss to his lips.

"Mmm, I see. Nice to see you, Dev." Brian greeted, licking his lips slowly getting the taste of his wife.

"Hey, Bri." Devin waved, taking the opportunity to lift the wine glass to her lips for the third time. Her glass wasn't nearly empty like Cami's- who probably already had up to 3 drinks before Devin even showed up.

"The wine's out? What's the special occasion?" Brian asked, hanging his coat on the hook in the hallway.

"Now, you know your wife drinks every Friday night." Devin chuckled, Brian soon joining in the laughter along with her.

"Faithfully." Brian pointed out, as Cami picked up a pillow off the couch and chucked it at Devin's head, missing by a few inches.

"Hater! You're only giddy because you had a nice first date."

Brian whistled, turning to Devin. "A date? You had a good time?" He questioned, sounding like a protective father. But he couldn't help himself, he and his wife were all Devin had.

She nodded as a response for the second time that night. "It was great."

"Cool." Brian blew out a breath, before walking over to his wife, grabbing her glass and tossing it upside down into his mouth.

"Brian." Cami whined, an instant pout forming on her lips. "That was my damn wine!"

"Whoops." Brian laughed, before attacking Cami playfully with kisses. Devin smiled at the two and glanced at the grandfather clock in the kitchen, gulping down the rest of her wine.

"Well, I should go." Devin spoke, standing up as she made her way towards where she knew Javon was fast asleep in Cami's bedroom.

"Yeah, you gotta go," Cami slurred her words hard, her glossy red eyes failing to meet Devin's. "I'm feeling something."

"You are on a whole nother' level when you drunk, Mi. You know that?" Devin giggled, before exiting the room and leaving Brian to tend to his drunken wife.