| Chapter 30. |

"So, what do you think, Devs?" Jazz questioned, fitting his body into the space between him and her on the couch.

She scooted over, making sure the distance was there. "I don't know, Jazz. I mean, how do I know I can trust you?"

"Why wouldn't you be able too?" He raised an eyebrow.

"Jazz, you cheated on me multiple times and then left your son and I."

"I was a kid then, Devs," He smiled, his dimple showing. "I'm a grown ass man now and I want to be a family." 

"I don't know, Jazz." Devin sighed again, looking towards the other direction. Luckily, she caught the time on her cell phone before she got comfortable.

"I have to go pick up Javon from Cami's. Uh...." She told him, standing up from the couch. She looked over at him, debating telling him it was time to go. 

He read her expression well. "Devin. I can go with you." 

"No." 

"Or I can stay here," He kicked his feet up, looking at her again. "Girl, what I'mma take? I paid for half the things in here." 

"No, you did not. Your mother did." She retorted. 

"I'm not leaving until I see my son. You can't be that heartless." 

She exhaled, rubbing her temples. "Fine. Stay here and try not to break anything. I'll be right back." 

"How old am I, five?" Jazz growled.

"You act like it, sometimes." Devin muttered, putting her sneakers back on her feet.

"How's Cami doing, by the way? She always was fine as hell." Jazz smirked, Devin shaking her head.

"She's happily married, so stop." Devin snapped, grabbing the doorknob handle.

"Marriage ain't nothing but a certificate." Jazz laughed, before pointing towards the door.

"Can you please go get my son? And like, now?" He said sternly, as Devin shook her head side to side once more.

"Don't touch nothing, Jazz." She repeated, walking out the door, out the building and to her car. She nearly caught a ticket on the way to Cami's house, desperate to tell her best friend about her day. She pounded on the door like she did before, but this time- out of shock and nerves.

"Girl..." Cami started, before Devin cut her off.

"Why am I knocking on your door like the damn police? I know, I know. But Cami, you won't believe what happened today!" Devin exclaimed.

"Uh, you and Cameron are back together?" Cami suggested.

Devin frowned and shook her head. "No, but someone is back."

Cami gasped. "Please, don't tell me..."

"Jazz is back and he's at my house right now. Probably going through my things." Devin nodded.

"You're lying! What is he doing here?" Cami screamed, as Devin shrugged.

"He took me to lunch and told me that he wanted to be a family again." Devin answered, avoiding telling Cami that it was Mcdonalds and he tried to get her to order off the dollar menu.

"Oh, come on. You believe that shit?" Cami raised a eyebrow.

"I honestly don't know." Devin sighed.

"I think he wants something. I mean, no offense, but if he wanted to be a family- he would have shown up quicker."

Devin nodded her head, slumping her shoulders. "Yeah, you're right. I just... Javon's been asking about his father lately and with Cameron-"

Cami wrapped her arms around Devin's slender frame. "I know, baby. Just don't fall for his charm, Dev. I know you're smarter than that."

"Thank you. And I won't. He lost whatever charm he had. Plus, it's not just me anymore. I have a son to protect."

"That's right. Plus, you're still in love with Cameron." Cami mentioned.

Devin's frown deepened. "He had nothing to do with this."

"Whoops," Cami shrugged. "You know it's true. Now, go take your son to meet his deadbeat ass father."