| Chapter 38. |

"Guys, please do not embarrass me. I beg of you." Natalie repeated for the third time, as Cameron stood next to Mario in the kitchen, sipping his bottled water.

Mario shook his head deliberately. "If I don't like him, I'm telling him."

"Rio." Cameron took the time to jump in, patting his best friend's back as he gave Natalie a reassuring smile.

"We won't, Nat. I promise." Cameron said the words he knew she wanted to hear, watching as Natalie fell for his convincing words.

"Thank you, Cameron. That means a lot to me. I do like this guy a lot, you know." She remarked, Cameron's thoughts instantly filling with Devin and how much he missed her.

Cameron felt as if he was losing his mind, having Devin filling his thoughts when it was clear that she wasn't thinking of him. It had been two weeks and he was still thinking of her as if they broke up yesterday. But he couldn't help it. He was in love with the girl.

The sound of the doorbell ringing, interrupted his thoughts of Devin as he slowly straightened himself up. He watched Mario clench his jaw, as he hesitantly followed his little sister to the front door.

Tonight, Natalie had insisted that Mario and Cameron meet her new boyfriend. Since, Mario was her big brother and Cameron was his best friend- it meant a lot to have them both meet the guy that she had been spending so much time with recently.

"Mario, Cameron. This is Isaac." Natalie smiled, pulling away from their tight embrace, as Cameron walked up to the young man and shook his hand.

"Hey, I'm her brother's roommate and best friend, Cameron. But you can call me Cam."

"Nice to meet you, Cam." Isaac smiled, before turning to Mario with a nervous grin.

Cameron wasn't the least bit surprised to see the scowl on his best friend's face as he eyed the young man up and down. He hated any guy that Natalie brought home, considering he was always so protective of her. Natalie was only 19, while Mario and Cameron had almost 8 years over her.

She was Mario's baby sister, which is how she even got her job with Cameron in the first place. He needed a receptionist and Natalie had free time now that she was taking some of her college classes online.

"You said your name was Isaac? Where do you work, Isaac?" Mario jumped straight to the point, crossing his arms across his chest.

"Part time at P. T. Bank, downtown." Isaac replied, as Cameron quickly shot his head up.

"P.T. Bank? Do you know Devin Rodriguez?" The question managed to slip his lips before he could think.

"Cameron! Sorry, he's still not over his ex girlfriend. He could talk about her for hours if you'd let him." Natalie let out a false giggle, as Cameron sucked in a breath.

"Yeah, I'm sorry." Cameron apologized.

"No problem. And to answer your question, yeah, I know her. She's one of my favorite coworkers." Isaac replied, glancing back towards Cameron.

"I was just wondering how she's doing? I haven't spoken to her in a while." Cameron spoke low, not wanting to seem persistent.

"She's okay, I guess. I know today she took the time off to take her son to some indoor carnival place. And you guys used to date? Oh wow, that must be why she's been so sad lately." Isaac blurted out, as Cameron's eyes grew.

"She's been sad?"

"For sure. She used up all her PTO time claiming she was sick, but we all knew." Isaac added.