| Chapter 22. |

Two weeks. His lie continued for two more fucking weeks.

-

"Cam, move out the way! I'm trying to take a picture of the elephants." Devin pushed Cameron slightly, titling her cell phone upwards as she tried to capture a photo of the large animals.

"Why? Take a picture of me, I'm better looking." Cameron winked, as he gently shoved her back.

Devin rolled her amber eyes, playfully glaring at him. "That just may be true, but I know I didn't come all the way to the damn circus to not get any pictures. Remind me again, why we couldn't have a simple lunch?"

"Everyone goes out to eat, babe. How many can say that they had their third date at the circus?" Cameron licked his lips, replying back to her.

Devin could feel the knots in her stomach as she stared at his pink and luscious lips in hunger. "You're right, not that many."

Cameron wrapped his arms around her, bending his head down as his lips were met with her own. She gasped, not expecting the embrace but going right with it, before Cameron pulled away.

"If you wanted to kiss me, you could have just said it." He whispered, Devin pouting and pushing him once again.

Cameron chuckled, leaning forward and kissing her again. Devin nearly exploded when he placed his lips on hers and slid his tongue into her mouth. It was almost as if his lips were magical, because, the more he kissed her, the more she wanted him.

But she couldn't have him. She wanted her relationship with him to differ completely from the one she had with Jazz Lewis. Although, she was young and naive when she was with Jazz and was a grown woman now- she couldn't help but to have a fear that she would make the same careless mistakes with Cameron.

And there was no denying how attractive the new man in her life was and she didn't want to ruin what she had with him. So she tried her absolute hardest to keep her hormones under control.

Besides... she had a appointment with her therapist right after their date anyway. Her stomach twisting, as she remembered what was apart of her usual sessions.

A much needed orgasm that her doctor always gave her.

She felt terrible about the simple fact that she was still seeing her therapist when she was 'dating' Cameron. But was she still technically cheating when her and Cameron hadn't even made it official yet?

Cameron finally pulled his lips away from hers, lacing his fingers with her own, as he lead their way out of the circus veranda and towards his car that was parked in the lot.

Strange enough, the circus Cameron and Devin had attended was during the day and wasn't that far away from their town. They were one of the first few there, able to catch a great parking spot right outside the building.

He opened his car door for her, allowing her to slide into the seat. Through the corner of his eye, he caught his sleeve rolling up and without a question slapped his hand on his wrist to hide the tattoos before Devin could see and recognize them.

"Cameron, what's wrong?" Devin spoke lightly, catching his attention.

"Nothing, babe. A fly was on my hoodie is all." He quickly lied, before placing a reassuring kiss to her lips.

He watched her blush like a schoolgirl, as he shut her door and began to walk around to the driver's side.
The autumn wind blew through his hair, as he felt a vibration in his denim jeans pocket. And without question, he pulled the phone out and opened a text message.

Natalie- Cameron, what the fuck! I know you called in late from lunch, but you do know that you have a job, right? You have a appointment today at four! And you're not here! It's 3:35! You can't cancel now.

He blew out a breath, running a hand through his tousled brown hair. Of course, Natalie had to ruin a good morning/afternoon for him with something about work.

Woah, did he just think that? There has never, never been a time in Cameron's life in which he wasn't excited to go to his job of pleasuring women all day.

What had changed his mind? The fact that he was catching feelings for Devin- or the fact that he was sure she wasn't his scheduled appointment because he would assume that she would stop her sessions with the doctor?

He shook his head, shaking the thoughts out of his head. No, he was mad because of Natalie.

Not because of any of those other reasons. There was absolutely no way he could catch feelings for any woman. That just wasn't for someone like him. He scoffed, thinking of Natalie's message as he made his way to the driver's side and climbed in the car.

Did she honestly think he was stupid enough to forget he had a appointment? He wasn't going to miss it. Being a sex therapist was his only source of income, and that was his money that she was talking about.

He twisted the key in the ignition, as his phone buzzed for the second time. He peeked at Devin, whom was busy shuffling through songs on the radio with a frown before he pulled his phone back out.

Natalie- I know you seen this message, Cameron! Your read receipts are on. Come on, you know how Devin Rodriguez is! She'll be pissed if you don't show up.

Cameron's jaw dropped in shock as he glanced at the pouty humming woman that sat beside him. He was wrong. She was his 4 o'clock appointment.