| Chapter 27. |

* Six Weeks Later. *

"Mmm girl," Cami plopped down on the couch, sipping her glass of moscato. "So, you remember Chantel from high school?"

Devin nodded her head, watching her best friend drink her favorite beverage. "Yeah, she was one of the girls Jazz was messing with."

Cami smiled, nudging Devin a bit. "Woah, you said Jazz's name without cringing. That's an accomplishment."

"You know, I've really come to peace with my issues with Jazz. He just wasn't ready. To be with me, to be a father- and I will never allow that to take away how thankful I am for my son. He's the one missing out, not us. Plus, I have a good man who treats us both amazing. So why should I keep being upset about the past?"

Cami clapped her hands dramatically. "I like this Devin!"

"Thank Cameron. He's amazing," Devin beamed, sipping her own glass. "Oh, and I guess my therapist."

"You don't still see him, do you?"

Devin shook her head viciously. "Of course not. No need."

"Oh okay," Cami nodded. "Because I was going to say now that you all happy and healthy with that money back in your pocket, we should go on a girls trip-" 

"Fuck," Devin whispered. "I forgot to stop the automatic payment from my account." 

"Nuh-uh! That's like $150 a week that could be going to you and Javon. You need to stop them payments," Cami paused. "You should probably go in though. They've been charging you for weeks now." 

Devin frowned. "They're going to ask why I'm canceling future appointments."

"Okay? Tell them to run you your money. Then tell them that you've found dick somewhere else." Cami replied, slurring her words as Devin shook her head.

"I never told you about sex with Cameron."

"Yeah, but I'm pretty sure that it's good by the way you steady smiling just like me," Cami got up to grab the bottle. "So, tell them that. I'm sure The Therapist will understand." 

"You're right. I'll go tell them now while y'all got Javon," Devin spoke, standing up from her seat as she grabbed her purse. "I'll be right back, Mi. 20 minutes tops."

"Yeah, yeah. I'll be here." She waved her best friend off as Devin escorted herself out of the house. She climbed in her car, taking the back roads to arrive at her therapist office in no less than 10 minutes. She reached into her purse for her phone, dialing Cameron before she walked in. But, the phone went straight to voicemail.

"Hey, this is Cameron. I can't get to the phone at the moment but please leave a message under the beep." His husky voice spoke, causing shivers down Devin's spine.

"Hey, babe. I was just calling to check up on you. I guess you're busy at work, so call me later. Love you, bye." She rushed out, hanging up the phone as she unbuckled her seat belt. She got out the car, her old converse sneakers smacking the concrete as she made her way inside of the building.

She walked in, Natalie popping her head from behind the computer. "Miss Rodriguez? Uh... What are you doing here?"

Natalie was well aware that Cameron and Devin were a couple now. And that Devin shouldn't be there at the therapist office. But Devin didn't know that.

"I need to talk to the doctor," Devin replied, helping herself towards the door. "It's about my payments."

"Wait, you can't go in there!" Natalie shouted, standing up from her desk quickly. "Uh, he's busy. I can take a message."