| Chapter 33. |

"Jazz!" Devin screamed, hoping her baby's father would hear her screams and take the hint to lower the volume of the video game that he was playing.

"Jazz!" She screamed again, receiving no response. She rolled her eyes, climbing out of her bed as she stomped towards the living room.

"Yeah?" He grunted, not taking his eyes off the television screen.

"Did you not hear me calling you?" She scoffed, watching as he shrugged his shoulders.

"Nah, I heard. I was a little busy as you can tell." He answered, clicking a few more buttons on the controller.

"Busy? Busy?" Devin screeched, walking over to the television and pulling the cord out of the wall. The TV turning pitch black.

"Devs, what the fuck?" Jazz exclaimed, staring at her as if she had two heads.

"Oh, I'm sorry. Not all of us can sit on our ass all day! I have to work in 30 minutes and I would like to have some peace and quiet before I get to it." Devin scoffed, as Jazz rolled his eyes.

"Man, whatever." Jazz mumbled, grabbing the bag of potato chips off the coffee table and stuffing his hand inside.

"And I would appreciate it if you did some of the cleaning and cooking around here instead of just playing games and eating all sorts of junk food all day." Devin continued, grabbing the bag of chips and tucking them under her arm. Jazz continued ignoring her as he grabbed his cell phone and began scrolling through it. Then, having the audacity to pull the covers over his head.

"Un-fucking believable." Devin shook her head, walking back to her bedroom. She hadn't gotten any sleep in the past week that Jazz had been there, because he would keep her and Javon both up with the ridiculous video games he would play throughout the night.

She tied her messy hair into a tight bun, taking a hot and much needed shower. Once she got out, she woke Javon up and helped him get ready for school as well as herself for work. And a hour later, Devin and Javon were making their way out of the house.

"Jazz. Jazz." Devin said his name, watching as he stirred around in his sleep under the blankets.

"Javon and I are leaving. We'll be home late because we're going to Cami's." She spoke, waiting for a answer from him. Which she didn't receive.

"Ugh, whatever. I'll see you later." She responded, walking out of the door with her son.

"Mommy, I don't really like my daddy much," Javon whispered, as Devin ran her hand through his low curls. "He's mean to you."

"I know, baby. Mommy doesn't like him, either." She replied, taking his hand and exiting the apartment building.

-

"No, trust me doctor. He loves me, I know he does." Eileen whined, staring at Cameron as he sat in the seat across from her.

"If he loved you, do you think that he would be hitting on you like he does? That he would be cheating on you with other women? Eileen, that's not love." Cameron sighed, running a hand though his short brown hair.

"It is, doctor! It's all in his eyes. He lies to me so he won't hurt me." Eileen tried to convince herself, as Cameron rolled his eyes.

"That just may be true. But it doesn't give him the right to treat you like shit, and you know it," Cameron scoffed, as Eileen nodded her head in defeat. "No one has that right."

"You're right. Maybe you should show me how I should be treated, then." Eileen licked her lips and Cameron almost threw up in his mouth. 

He looked at the watch on his wrist to distract himself. "Miss Richards, your session is up."

Eileen stood up from the couch, grabbing her purse confused. "Oh okay. Thanks doctor. I'll take what you said into consideration. Did you... wanna tell me anything else?"

Cameron looked away from the chest she was putting on his own, unenthusiastically. "Bye, Eileen." 

He closed the door,  watching as she left his office. He sighed, strolling back over to his desk, as he rested his head in the palm of his hands. The door opening made him look up. 

"Hey." He lifted his head, making eye contact with Natalie.

"Hey." Cameron lowly replied, rubbing his eyes harshly.

"I heard you had a date last night." Natalie spoke, taking a seat on the couch. As Mario's younger sister- she and Cameron were pretty close.

"Yeah, it was terrible." Cameron responded, shaking his head side to side.

"And why was that?" She raised a eyebrow, flicking her wrist as she flipped her hair over her shoulder.

"Because Mario forced me to go on that date to get some pussy that I just don't want. I'm not interested, so why are you guys pushing this?" Cameron whined.

"Because, you can't sulk around forever, Cameron. Devin hasn't answered your calls, has she?"

"No, when I call- it goes straight to voicemail. And when I text her, it doesn't even tell me that it was delivered. I don't know, it's weird." Cameron replied.

"Cameron, you have to move on."

"But Natalie. I lo... Like her a lot. She's all that I want." Cameron corrected himself, as Natalie shook her head.

"I know what you were about to say, Cameron. I don't know why you just can't admit that you love her. And if that's the case, then, why are you still sitting here? Go and get your woman. Because obviously over the phone isn't working for you." Natalie retorted, as Cameron raised an eyebrow.

"Really?"

"Yes, really. This is the first time I've ever seen you head over heels for a woman and I'm not letting you ruin it." Natalie smiled, grabbing Cameron's arm and dragging towards the door.

"Thanks, Natalie." Cameron gave her a light hug.

"You're welcome. I'll call your appointments, now go." Cameron grabbed all his things, exiting the work building. He made sure that he looked alright about a million times in the mirror, before making his way to Devin's house.

He had even made a stop at the local flower shop that he went to for their first date and picked up a bouquet of red roses for her. He eventually arrived at her apartment complex, excited and nervous to see her beautiful face. It was well after 5 in the evening and he was pretty sure that she was home by now. She usually didn't go anywhere but straight home after picking up Javon.

He walked inside of the building, towards apartment #19, sucking in a deep breath before he knocked on the wooden door.

"...Yo." A male voice answered, eyeing Cameron up and down as he stood in the doorway with the roses held tightly in his hand.

"Uh... Is Devin here?" Cameron asked, staring closely at the man before him. And then, it had clicked. This was the famous Jazz Lewis. He looked just like an older, less cooler version of Javon.

"Nah, she stepped out. What you want?" He replied, Cameron scrunching his face up as he took in Jazz's appearance. He wondered why he talked like he was still in high school but decided to let it go.

"Uh, it was nothing important. Do you know when she'll be in?" 

"Nah, Cam. I don't. But I can take those flowers for you." Cameron looked like he wanted to argue, but instead held his arm out with the roses, passing them to Jazz.

"Yeah, I gotchu." He replied, taking the roses from him.

"Thank you. See you around." Cameron replied, lowly. He turned around and made his way out of the apartments, his heart shattering into a million pieces for the second time.