t w e n t y n i n e

Brennan pov: I sat snuggling Annie in silence for a couple of minutes I could tell without looking at her that we both had tears running down our faces. I saw katie peak her head around the corner followed by Hayley and the rest of Annie's family. Are you guys okay mrs katie asked grabbing Annie's hand and using her other hand to wipe the tears coming from my eyes. I slightly nodded my head "it's going to be" I nuzzled my head back into Annie's shoulder. But Annie started the conversation "can I um talk to you guys about something?" Of course Brennan anything you want to out in the hall? "No it's ok I've already talked about it with Annie but katie can you and Hayley go on a walk for a while?" My sister nodded her head and walked out the door with Hayley following not too far behind. You sure your okay bren? Mrs katie says as she sits at the end of the bed grabbing my leg "I mean not really but I am working on it that's what I wanted to talk to you about, you remember when I came over crying the other night?" Mrs katie and mr billy nodded showing me they were listening and Annie tightened her grip on my hand "I um had a mental breakdown that night after I left here the first time I sat in my room hyperventilating and bawling my eyes out I realized then that I had been strong for way too long I um I came up with a plan I guess you could call it" a plan of what brennan mr billy said looking me in the eye obviously on the verge of tears "to um be with Annie if she you know..."oh no bren...you didn't do anything did you"no no of course not I have Annie it's just the thought of her being gone makes me physically sick I threw up three times that night, I had an anxiety attack where all I could see is black but I could hear my heart beating rapidly I pushed myself against the wall shaking and crying for what felt like hours until I got myself to calm down. Katie was worried about me and called Annie that's why I came over like that I um im getting help thought Annie helped convince me that I couldn't do that and I should get help to walk through this. I went to the therapist today and they prescribed my anti depressants but I don't want to tell my parents, I'm scared to be honest. They are going to freak when they find out I'm being treated as a depressed teen. They won't ever let me out of their sight again. So I. I don't know know I just wanted to tell you guys. You saw what I mess I was that night and you deserved an explanation." Brennan you never owe us an explanation about your feelings we just want you to be okay. I'm so glad you are getting help for this and I know it's been hard and I want you to know that we will seriously always be here for you even if Annie... "ya I get it and appreciate that a lot thank you mrs katie" but brennan she continued I knew where this was headed. I know that what you are going through is frightening and I always want you to feel safe coming to me about it you need to talk to your family. Your poor sister calls Annie crying almost every night because she feels like she lost you and your mom feels like you have slipped out of her life and they want to help you bren they really do you need to talk to them. I took a deep breath out that I didn't know I had been holding and nodded my head "your right I'll go explain everything to katie right now" I jumped out of bed next to Annie gave her a quick kiss on the forehead and ran to find my sister.