Noble Women

Maria's POV 

I went outside to grab the mail. It was cold outside, snow still fell. The mail was mostly congrats letters, but there was one addressed to me in the fanciest of writing. 

Dear Mrs. Maria Lewis Reynolds, 

I would love for you to come to my anual tea party with some other inportant women of our time including Dolley Madison, Theodosia Burr, Maragrita Schuyler, Abigail Adams, and Angelica Schuyler Church. We would love for you to attend because soon you will be a founding mother and we would love to know more about you. It will be held at Ms. Schuyler's estate on the 17th.

Deepest Regards, 

Martha Washington. 

I jumped up and down screaming. Thats when Alexander walked in. 

"Maria what is it?" He asked. I handed him the letter. 

"But Angelica will be there," He said. 

"Who cares. If I am to be a founding mother I most not be affraid to confront my fears," I said with a smile. Alexander kissed my forehead. 

"Okay, just be careful." And with that he went to his office. 

~The next day~ 

Around noon a carriage arived to take me uptown, since thats were Peggy lived. I arived and knocked on the door. I was greated by Lafayette. 

"Maria mon ami," He said hugging me. 

"Lafayette are you living with Peggy now?" 

"Indead mon ami, she is the kindest, sweetest person you'll ever meet." I cracked a smile. 

"Lafayette who is that?" A voice called that I didn't recognize. Then an older women made her way to me. IT WAS MARTHA WASHINGTON!!!! She wore a simple grey dress and a white bonnet. 

"Mrs. Washington this is Maria Reynolds, Alexander Hamilton's fiance," he said with a grin. I extended my hand. 

"Pleasure to meet you Mrs. Washington," I said. 

"Please call me Martha and the pleasure is all mine," She said leading me into Peggy's house. Five other women sat in chairs waiting for me. 

"Mrs. Reynolds I'm sure you already know Peggy and Angelica, but have you met Theodosia Burr, wife of Aaron Burr, Dolley Madison, wife of James Madison, and Abigail Adams, John Adams wife," I shook there hands and sat down. 

"Pleasure meeting you ladies," I said. 

"The pleasure is ours Mrs. Reynolds for we have heard only so little of your tale," Abigail said. 

"What tale?" I said. 

"Well everyone as got a story to tell. Now tell us, is it true that your parents tride to get you to marry a wealthy loyalist, but you ran away and married James?" Dolley asked. 

"Dolley!" Theodosia barked, "Don't be so up front." I laughed. 

"Yes that's true," I said. Everyone gasped. Angelica didn't seemed pissed that I was there. 

"But do tell us Maria, were you and Hamilton dating before Eliza died?" Dolley asked. My face turned red. 

"YOU DID!" Martha exclamied. My head sank to my hands. I felt hot tears streaming down my face. 

"Oh dear, we arn't making fun of you, for we all need love, don't we," Dolley said. I looked at Angelica was was burning up. 

"ALEXANDER CHEATED ON ELIZA!" She screamed. We all turned. 

"Angelica please calm down," Peggy said. 

"CALM DOWN! CALM DOWN! I CAN'T FUCKING CALM DOWN! FIRST ALEXANDER ASKS A SLUT TO MARRY HIM AND THEN HE DID CHEAT ON ELIZA! HE TRULY WAS A TOM CAT!" Angelica began to walk to the door. I stood up and grabbed Angelica's wrist. 

"For Alexander's sake calm down. It's my fault not his," I said. She only pushed me to the ground. 

"You're just saying that," She said, and she marched out the door. Martha rushed to my side. 

"Darling are you and Angelica fighting?" She asked. I nodded and began to cry. 

"That bitch," Theodosia said, "Thinking she can boss around love. Someone needs to talk some sense into her." I smiled. I got up and grabbed my coat. 

"Where are you going?" Peggy asked. 

"To stop a blood bath."