Confronted

~Peggy's POV~ 

The kids and Maria were safe, thank god. I sat in the living room, Lafayette by my side. 

"Mon amour, I'm so sorry. You could have gotten hurt I feel so bad," he said. He was being so kind yet I was so pissed. 

"So you do love me," I mumbled. 

"Mon amour, of course I love you, that's never in doubt!" 

"THEN EXPLAIN THIS!" I pulled out the letter, "WHO IS THIS WOMEN!" Tears streamed down Lafayette's face. He fell to his knees, "I'M SORRY!" He wailed, "I DIDN'T MEAN TO CHEAT ON YOU! WE HAD JUST GOTTEN INTO OUR FIRST FIGHT AND I WENT TO ABI'S HOUSE! I WAS DRUNK AND ANGRY! I SLEPT WITH HER, SHE STILL THOUGHT I WAS SINGLE MON AMOUR I'M SORRY I LOVE YOU MORE THAN ANYTHING!" He cried. He seemed so upset. 

"How do you know her?" I asked. 

"When I first came to American, Washington could see how bad my english was a knew if someone didn't help me I wouldn't make it on these streets. So he walked to Martha. Her sister's husband's sister had a daughter one year younger than me. Her name was Abi. She had a proper education and said she'd help me with english. We slept around a few times, but we both knew it was wrong, mon amour I'm sorry!" He explained. I ran my fingers through his hair. 

"I LOVE YOU! I MADE A HUGE MISTAKE! I'LL NEVER FORGIVE MYSELF! MON AMOUR PLEASE FORGIVE ME!" He was crying into my petticoat. 

"Marie-Joseph Paul Yves Roch Gilbert du Motier, Marquis de Lafayette, I married you because I love you. That's never in doubt. What you did is not okay, but maybe, just maybe I can forgive you if you promise me one thing," I said. He looked up at me. 

"Oui," he said with tears in his eyes. 

"If you promise to take care of this baby." Lafayette jumped up. 

"MON AMOUR YOUR PREGNANT! WHY DIDN'T YOU TELL ME EARLIER I'M SO HAPPY! I'VE ALWAYS WANTED TO BE A FATHER!" He screamed holding my stomach. I was crying now. He did love me. 

A/n I know this is short and it's a day early, but this is going to end soon. I think the next chapter will be the last and then there will be an epilouge. Also happy birthday Eliza!