Snow

Maria's POV 

"The children are asleep," I said walking to Alexander who was reading the news paper. I sat down next to him. 

"Do you want more tea?" I asked. He nodded. I went up to the kitchen. The snow feel heavier and heavier. When I got back Alexander was leaning on the window. The embers crackled in the fire. 

"Well the weather outside is frightful," Alexander said. I smiled. 

"And the fire is so delightful," I sang. I walked over to the piano. 

"I know it's not Christmas, but here goes nothing," I said begining to play. 

"Oh, the weather outside is frightful, but the fire is so delightful -" Then Alex cut me off. 

"And since we've no place to go let it snow, let it snow, let it snow," Then we began to sing a duet. 

"Man it doesn't show signs of stoppin' and I brought some corn for poppin'." 

"The lights are turned way down low let it snow, let it snow, let it snow." Alexander's voice was beautiful. 

"When we finally kiss good-night how I'll hate going out in the storm," I sang with a wink. 

"But if you really hold me tight all the way home I'll be warm," Alex wrapped his arms around me, trying to keep me warm. I laughed. 

"And the fire is slowly dying and, my dear, we're still good-bye-ing." 

"But as long as you love me so let it snow, let it snow, and snow." 

"When we finally kiss good-night how I'll hate going out in the storm." 

"But if you really grab me tight all the way home I'll be warm." We sang the last line together, "Oh the fire is slowly dying and, my dear, we're still good-bye-ing, but as long as you love me so let it snow, let it snow, let it snow." Alex kissed me. 

"God I love you," He said. 

"I love you as well." 

A/N IDK If that song was even around back then and I know in the story it's passed Christmas, but I'm in the Christmas spirit okay and thats one of my favorite songs. I am really in the writing mode so expect many more updates. Also I'm going to see the new Star Wars movie tomorrow so no spoilers and I'm really excited. 

---Elegant Panda Ninja🐼