Come Back To Bed That Would Be Enough

~Alexander's POV~ 

I sat in the office in Angelica's house in Albany. Tomorrow was Washington's birthday and since I wouldn't be there I had to write a letter. I was extremley stressed. It was almost midnight, and I still hadn't joined Maria in bed. I felt bad about it, I was just so worried about Angelica and her son, Phil. I ran my hands through my greasy hair. Then I heard a voice from the door... 

"Alexander," I turned around to see Maria, in her lace nightgown. "Alexander why are you still awake?" She placed the candle down on the desk before placing her hand on my cheek. 

"I just had to write something down," I said, yawning. 

"Alexander you need to rest," I looked into her dark brown eyes. Her hair was messy, but she was still beautiful. Before I knew it, my lips met her's and I pulled her onto my lap, grabbing her waist. 

"Maria," I said, pulling away for air. She smiled. 

"Is that what you wanted?" She asked biting my earlobe. 

"Yes," I said. 

"Do you want anymore?" She asked seductivley. 

"I'm really tired," I said with another yawn. 

"Then go to bed dipshit," She said. I laughed. I cupped her cheek in my hand. 

"I love you... Mrs. Hamilton," with that, I picked her up, blew out the candle and carried her to bed. 

~Time Skip~ 

The next morning I woke up to someone knocking at the bedroom door. Maria opened her eyes, still half asleep. 

"Yes," I called. Philip and Angie appeared, holding a tray. It was breakfast in bed. Angelica was right behind them. 

"Daddy we made you breakfast!" Angie yelled, jumping on the bed. She snuggled into Maria's arms. Maria smiled. Philip handed me the tray. 

"It's not much, just a few eggs and pancakes, but it's breakfast," he said with his gapped tooth smile. Maria leaned over to kiss his forehead. 

"Thank you Philip," She said. 

"Philip, Angie, let your father and soon to be mother have a moment alone," Angelica said, leading the kids out of the room. When the door was closed, Maria leaned over to kiss my cheek. She fiddled with the engagment ring on her finger which we had bought recently. 

"Maria I'm afraid you don't like the ring," I said. 

"No Alexander of course I like it," she said, kissing me. She grabbed some food and we began to eat. 

A/N I know this is short, like really short, but I needed a fluff gap, I don't expect y'all to like it, but here it is anyway. I wanted to take a break from evil John who will be making a return next chapter which will hopefully be up tomorrow.