Beautiful Babies Part Two

~Alexander's POV~

Maria and I just sat there, holding our precious children. All I could do was smile. There was a light knock on the door.

"Come in," I called. Angelica, Philip, Angie, and Susan came in. Angelica was holding Susan. Philip darted over to me yelling "BABY!"

"Shhhhh Philip, your brother and sister are asleep," I said, "Do you want to hold him?" Philip nodded, taking Laurens into his arms.

"What's his name?" Philip asked.

"Laurens," I replied. Angie went over to Maria who was half asleep.

"Is mommy okay?" She asked.

"Yes sweetie Mommy's okay just really tired," she said.

"What's the other babies name?" Philip asked.

"Holly," I replied. We sat there, talking for about an hour. Philip holding Laurens, Angie booping Holly on the nose, Peggy and Lafayette were doing some house cleaning which was very nice. Then there was a loud knock on the door. In burst in Thomas Jefferson in his purple coat. George and Burr on his tail. Philip handing Laurens back to me, grabed Angie and left the room. Thomas ran up to me, giving me a hug. Angelica was still in the room.

"Angelica, you seem tired let me hold Susan," George said, grabbing Susan from Angelica, who left the room.

"Congradulations Hamilton," Thomas said in a giddy voice, "now what are the names of the little rascals?"

"I would tell you, but you haven't even asked my wife how's she's doing and also how'd you find out she went into labor?" I asked.

"Dr. Smith ran into a reporter and told him. The news is all over town," Burr said.

"How are you Maria?" George asked.

"Fine, but I'm bed ridden for 2 weeks," she said.

"I'm sorry NOW WHAT ARE THE LITTLE RASCALS!" Thomas exclaimed.

"The one I'm holding is named Holly," Maria said, "And Alexander is holding Laurens."

"May I hold her?" Thomas asked. Maria nodded, handing him the baby. Holly's eyes opened for a moment.

"Oh darling, I'm sorry the first thing you had to see was me," he chuckled, "you're a very beautiful baby." I laughed at his comment. I was sorry for her too. Susan let out a shrill scream.

"There's milk downstairs, if I had to feed a baby one more time this hour I think I'd past out," Maria said in a monotone voice to George. He held Susan close, going downstairs. Thomas held Holly.

"Thomas and I have gifts for the babies. George gave you baby gifts at the Maria's Birthday party. If you need anything I'd be glad to help," Aaron said.

"Why thank you Aaron, but we don't need anything just yet," Maria responded. Thomas was smiling and bouncing Holly in his arms. I handed Aaron Laurens. 

"Hi beautiful," he said "you look just like your father." I smiled. 

"Alexander you look exahusted," Thomas said "you need to sleep." 

"I know Thomas, but these are my children," I replied. 

"You're a dedacated father, anyways I'll go get the presents!" Thomas exclaimed, handing Holly to me. She looked just like Maria. She had a full head of black hair, but her face was exactly like mine. I smiled at her as I felt her little hands grab mine. Thomas came back holding many wrapped gifts. He handed all of them to Maria and said "open mine first." He sounded like a child. Maria opened the first thing. It was a pink fleace blanket and a little teddy bear. 

"Thanks Thomas," she said. The next present was a small blue dress and a stuffed doll for Susan from Aaron. The third thing was a small pen and notebook for Laurens. The fourth and final thing was a small green coat for Laurens and a purple dress from Thomas. Maria gleemed. 

"Thank you so much!" She exclamied. Thomas and Aaron began, but before they did Thomas said, "remember to take care of yourself, I forgot that when my first child was born." And they left. George came back upstairs to wish us luck and on his way out put Susan back in her crib.