Dear Theodosia

~Maria's POV~ 

Alexander and I were coming back from Albany. Angelica had decided it was for the best if Alexander wasn't her lawyer. She thought it would just make things worse and Alexander hadn't been practing law in years. We pulled up to the house and stepped inside. We walked into the house. It was quite and dark. The kids ran up to their room as I lit a fire. Alexander was pacing back and forth. 

"Alexander is something wrong?" I asked. 

"Yes something is wrong. I NEED to be Angelica's lawyer, I can't let some hognosed snake loose her case!" I giggled at that name. 

"Be quite!" He said. Then there was a light knock at the door. 

"I'll get it," I said. I opened the door to find James and Dolley Madison. I had never met James before, all I knew was that Alexander didn't like him. 

"Mrs. Reynolds, a pleasure to meet you," James said with a bow. I curtsied. 

"The pleasure is all mine Mr. Madison," I said. 

"Is Alexander home? I need to speak with him," James said. 

"Yes of course, please come in," I lead them inside the house. Alexander was reading the newspaper. He didn't acknowledge the fact Madison had entered. 

"Alexander, please get your nose out of the newspaper and talk to our guests who came to see you," Alexander looked up to see James. 

"Why hello there James," he said. 

"Hamilton, can we talk?" James asked. I looked at Dolley. 

"What about?" 

"It's about Aaron Burr, last night his wife died," Madison looked at the ground. Alexander shot up. I was shocked. 

"Theodosia can't be dead!" I said.

"She is and I was wondering if Alexander could go and talk to him?" James asked. 

"Yes of course, Maria would you mind staying here with the kids?" 

"No of course, go talk with Aaron." And with he walked out of the door. 

~Alexander's POV~

I ran down the block towards Aaron's house. Theodosia couldn't be dead. I turned down the street to see his house. It was an older house, yet very big. I pulled open the iorn gate and knocked on the door. I heard foot steps from inside. Burr opened the door. He looked like he barley ate. There were large tears in his eyes. I quickly tackled him into a hug. 

"She can't be dead Alex." Was all he could say. 

"Shhhhhh I know, lets go inside and talk." We quickly walked inside and sat in the parlor. He sat in a chair and began to cry. 

"Aaron I understand what you're going through," I said, sitting across from him. 

"NO YOU DON'T ALEXANDER! YOU WERE IN LOVE WITH SOMEONE ELSE AT THE TIME OF ELIZA'S DEATH! I'M NOT! THEODOSIA IS DEAD! MY PRECIOUS THEO!" He cried more. I grabbed his hand. 

"I may have been, but you saw me at the funeral. I was a mess. I was afraid to confront my feelings towards Maria. But I had to be strong for my kids. You NEED to be strong for Theo," he just cried more. I let him cry into my arms. 

"Papa," a small voice called. Aaron didn't move. He must of been in shock and didn't want to get up. 

"Yes Theo," I said getting up. She looked up at me. 

"M-M-Mr. Hamilton, what's wrong with my papa?" She asked. She sounded so inocent. I took Theo by the hand and lead her up to her bedroom. 

"Your papa is very sad and needs to rest," I said putting her to bed. 

"Mr. Hamilton can you bring mama back?" She asked. I looked down at her. 

"I'm sorry I can't, but just remember Theodosia, she may be gone physically, but she hasn't left your heart and mind." This made her smile. 

I walked back downstairs to see Aaron curled up in a ball crying. 

"Dear Theodosia how to say to you," He mumbled softly. I sat down next to him and rubbed his back. He was singing. 

"Don't stop if it makes you happy," I said. 

"You have my eyes you have your mother's name when you came into the world, you cried and it broke my heart. I'm dedicating every day to you, domestic life was never quite my style, when you smile, you knock me out, I fall apart, and I thought I was so smart. You will come of age with our young nation we'll bleed and fight for you, we'll make it right for you If we lay a strong enough foundation we'll pass it on to you, we'll give the world to you and you'll blow us all away someday, someday yeah, you'll blow us all away someday, someday." It was a beautiful song. 

"Jefferson told me something when Eliza died, something I didn't realize how much of a good piece of advice it was until later, but just remember, Theodosia may be gone physically, but she hasn't left your heart and mind," and with that I got up and walked out the front door. 

"Hey Alexander!" Burr called. I turned around. 

"Yes?" 

"Thanks." 

A/N I AM SO SORRY FOR THE LACK OF UPDATES! I haven't really had any ideas and I finally had one. I know Theodosia didn't die until 1794, but in the story it's 1792 sooooooo. I usally try not to stretch history to much, but Alexander is literally marrying Maria and Eliza's dead so I think I've passed that line. If it was over two years I most likely wouldn't have done it, but I didn't have any other ideas. Next chapter will most likely be up around the 30th of March for Maria's birthday and then the weddidng! Thanks for being so patient and reading! 

---Elegant Panda Ninja🐼🦄