The Funeral Pt. 1

Maria's POV 

It had been a little over a week since Eliza passed away. Alexander didn't eat, he didn't speak. The children hid in there rooms crying. I had to deal with all the people and letters giving there deepest apologizes to Alexander. I can't believe Eliza gave her blessing to Alexander to marry me, I mean what. Were we going to get married? I don't even know. Eliza's funeral was later today in Trinity Church. The house was always filled with tears. I even cried some days. Then I heard a faint voice from Alexander's office... "That would be enough," He kept singing to himself. I placed my ear at the door to his office. He kept singing, "And if this child shares a fraction of your smile, or a fragment of your mind look out world that would be enough." What was he singing. I knocked on the door. The singing stopped. 

"Alexander," I called my voice low.

"Come in Maria," He called. His hands were in his hair. He looked like he hadn't slept in days. He was tired and weak. 

"You have a very nice voice Alexander," I said, "What were you singing?" He looked up at me with puppy dog eyes. 

"Something Eliza would sing," He said. Then there was a knock at the door. 

"I'll get it," I said. I got up and opened the door. There stood Jefferson and Washington. They were wearing black. 

"Mr. Jefferson, President Washington how may I help you?" I asked. 

"We are here to see Alexander," Jefferson said. I glared at him. 

"Are you here to see him or stick your hand up my dress again?" I asked him. His eyes got huge. 

"Mrs. Reynolds, I know how it feels to lose a spouse. I am here to put me and Hamilton's differences behind us and help him," He said. I sighed. 

"Alright, but if here a single thing that sounds like Alexander asking you to leave, you're out," I said. Washington and Jefferson made there way to Alexander's office. 

Alexander's POV 

Her final words rung in my ears, "Goodbye Alexander Hamilton, it was lovely knowing you." It kept coming into my head. She told me the marry the women I love, who is Maria, but I loved Eliza. I felt tears slipping down my face. I began to sing again, "Look around, look around at how lucky we are to be alive right now." I could barely sing the last word as tears rushed into my eyes and on my cheeks. There was a knock at the door and then it opened. It was Washington and Jefferson. They looked at me as if I was some creature. 

"Jefferson know are you here to make fun of me cause I'm crying when my wife died!" I said hot tears streaming my face more and more. 

"No, no, no, no, no," Jefferson said coming over to me.

"I'm here to help," He said. 

"And since when have you helped me?" I asked looking him dead in the eye. 

"Alexander when my wife Martha died, I thought I couldn't or wouldn't or shouldn't go on, but I did and look at me know. Without her words of wisdom I wouldn't be where I am know. Eliza may be physically gone, but that doesn't mean she has left your heart and mind," Jefferson said. This made me cry more because I knew he was right. 

"D-d-did I say something?" I asked. 

"No, I just know your right," I said crying even more which I thought was impossible. 

"Alexander I am deeply sorry for your loss," Washington said. 

"THAT'S NOT GOING TO BRING HER BACK IS IT WASHINGTON!" I screamed. Washington patted me on the shoulder. 

"Alexander think of all the good things in your life like your children and Maria," He said. 

"Please don't bring up Maria," I said. 

"Why?" Washington asked. 

"BECAUSE I LOVE HER! I LOVE HER GEORGE AND I SLEPT WITH HER WHILE ELIZA STILL WAS ALIVE AND UPSTATE THE DAY JEFFERSON STUCK HIS HAND UP HER DRESS AND IN ELIZA'S DYING BREATHS SHE TOLD ME I HAD HER BLESSING TO MARRY MARIA BECAUSE SOMEHOW SHE KNEW I LOVED HER!" I cried even more. Washington and Jefferson looked at me. 

"You love her?" Washington asked. 

"YES THAT IS WHAT I JUST SAID RIGHT!" I screamed. 

"That's why it's even harder isn't it," Jefferson said. I nodded. Maria walked into the room with tea. She smiled. She handed me one of the cups. 

"No thank you Maria, I'm not thirsty," I said. She glared at me. 

"Alexander Hamilton you haven't been eating or drinking in days. I'm shocked you are not extremely dehydrated so please have some tea. For me, for Eliza she wouldn't want you to suffer during her loss," I took the tea. She also gave some to Jefferson and Washington. 

"Thank you Mrs. Hamilton," Jefferson said. She was shocked. "I-I mean Mrs. Reynolds." I would usually yell at him, but I decided not to. Maria walked out of the room. I looked at the one painting the hung in my office. It was a painting of Eliza and I that her father had gotten painted before we got married. Eliza was beautiful in it. Jefferson noticed that I was looking at the painting.  

"She was beautiful," He said. I smiled. 

"She loved you Alexander and if you want to get married that's fine. That's for you and Maria to decided. Just know that she loved you and wanted the best for you and if that was marrying another women than so be it," Washington said. 

"Thanks," I said. I looked at the painting one last time knowing that Eliza would always watch me from Heaven. 

A/N hope you guys enjoyed this. I know that last chapter was sad and so will the next one, but we will get into some happier stuff soon. Just make sure to comment and... 80 reads wtf thank you so much please comment so I know what you guys like and the direction you want this to go in. 

---Elegant Panda Ninja🐱‍👤