Chapter 3: The blank-faced boy

Jungkook gathered up his courage to talk to the new yet calm patient, Park Jimin. As Jungkook approached the man, Jimin heard footsteps and automatically thought it was another crazy patient coming to bother but then, Jimin looked up and realized it was just Jungkook. That's when his lips formed into a smile to welcome the young man.

             "H-Hi... I'm Jeon Jungkook. I am the son of the therapist here and I was helping patients too.." Jungkook claimed holding out his hand to shake as Jimin looked at Jungkook's hand and looked back at Jungkook.

           "I can see that, for what reason would you call a pretty young girl into your office?" Jimin said as Jungkook made a smile at how Jimin was joking. "All jokes aside, I'm Park Jimin. I bet you've know that from the tag but if you didn't know then, now you do. I'm new here~" Jimin replied as Jungkook looked at the space next to Jimin on the couch.

          "May I sit?" Jungkook asked as Jimin nodded allowing the younger to sit down. Jungkook sat down and looked at Jimin's soft yet handsome appearance... He never thought he would find someone like a man, so gorgeous. "I-I've noticed... You were much more calmer than any other crazy patients.."

            "Ah, yes... I am." Jimin let out a sigh. "I've been in a mental hospital before this and I was just transfered here. I don't even fit here.."

             "Is it because you aren't insane?"

              "No... It's because of my age.. I'm Twenty-one years old. Technically a young adult, not a teenager." Jimin claimed as Jungkook nodded his head. "What about you? How old are you?"

            "Ah, I am Nineteen years old." Jungkook claimed. "A-anyways.. I've noticed your name wasn't on the list for therapy.. Why is that?"

             "Oh, I just chose not to have a session at all.. My book here is my own therapist. I'm not the type that shares things that relates to me being here." Jimin claimed as he looked around the room of patients. "I'm not like the rest of these crazy idiots here..." Jimin said as he layed back on the couch. "I don't think I belong here... But that I can't explain. Guess it's just fate that brought me here."

          "I believe you're smart... You are very calm. I think you should know that I'll be here if you want to talk things out. I can be your therapist instead of my father." Jungkook claimed. He wanted to get Jimin comfortable with getting the help he seemed to need.

            "I'm not really into this at all... But since we met, I guess what I can do is allow you to talk to me.. Let's see if you can get the truth out of me." Jimin said with a smile as he looked at the younger, focusing on each and every detail on his face.

            "Whenever you feel comfortable is great..." Jungkook said as he moved his hand to pat Jimin's head and stand up. When Jungkook patted Jimin's head, Jimin looked down staring at the ground like he was screaming in his mind.

           As Jungkook was looking at how beautiful Jimin's hair was, Jimin stayed frozen staring at the ground as his eyes began to twitch.. However, Jungkook didn't see that. Jimin looked up finally and made a smile. "I-I think... Maybe later when I feel like actually talking to someone..." Jimin said as Jungkook tilted his head. Jimin  looked very uncomfortable now...

      This was very odd, all Jungkook did was pat the man's hair and suddenly Jimin wanted to escape. Jimin got up with his book and gulped looking at Jungkook. "I-I'm sorry... But I just need to have a moment and finish writing... I'll be back if you aren't gone." Jimin promised as he walked off, leaving Jungkook to stand by the couches.

             "Did I... do something wrong?" Jungkook asked himself as he looked at his hand he patted Jimin's silk hair with. "Maybe he doesn't like being touched..." Jungkook said in his mind as he placed his hands in his pocket and walked to the office.

              After the visit to the Asylum, Jungkook visited his Grandmother's house. Jungkook had a very tight connection with his Grandmother, and he cared about her very much. Recently, his Grandmother paid to get Jungkook's videogame console fixed once he accidentally broke it. She knew how much he loved playing videogames so she wanted her grandson happy.

        Jungkook stepped into his Grandmother's room with a pot of tea. His grandmother lived alone and constantly became sick at times but, the most thoughtful thing that cheers her up was Jungkook visiting her. Jungkook saw his Grandmother as a best friend in the family and respected her and her wise stories of when she was younger.

                Jungkook made his grandmother Pear and Ginger tea. Everytime he would visit, she asks the young man to make her tea before he enters.

       "Hello, Grandmother..." Jungkook greeted his Grandmother with a smile as he set the pot and cup down by the bedside table. In the room, there was a big window behind the bed that shows the beautiful garden Jungkook's Grandmother would work on every morning. The bed was white and had traditional sewed quilts on the bed and a white blanket that covered the elderly lady while she had on a red silk robe with cherry blossom petals, and a white shirt under it. The old woman's hair was tied into a bun as her hair was grey with little strands of black hair.

           "Ah, I see you're here to do your daily visits." The grandmother smiled. "I appreciate that, Jungkook... You are very thoughtful! How aren't you married?"

           "Ah, I'm always playing videogames it's nothing now..." Jungkook sighed. "That's all I do."

           "You are a very stunning man, Jungkook... Why don't you go outside for once and meet some ladies? I'm sure they will want you! Staying in that small den of yours won't get you a wife."

            "Grandmother, I would but I just don't like going out now... I like spending time at home." Jungkook said as he began to pour his grandmother a cup of tea.

           "Baesuk tea... I can smell it from here." The grandmother chuckled as Jungkook handed the teacup to her with two hands. "You know Jungkook, you'll have to go out some day! I want to live and see you get married soon."

           Jungkook laughed as he looked down. "I don't know about the marriage part but I did go out today." Jungkook said as he made a smile. "I went to my Father's job today at the Mental Asylum... And met someone new.." Jungkook claimed as he began to think of Park Jimin. "His name is Park Jimin, he's Twenty-one years old, brown hair, plump pink lips and dark brown eyes that shine like crystals...He seemed very different from the others. He was very calm and when I went to talk to him.. Jimin was like any other person with a stable life.." Jungkook said. "I don't know why but I want to talk to him more... Meeting someone new like him, makes me want to stop playing videogames for a while and pay attention to life before me."