Chapter 8

Hinata's POV

I yawned and lazily opened my eyes. It was Saturday, so I at least didn't need to go to my job. I inhaled the air into my lungs, it smelled really nice. I know this smell.. I had wondered for a moment, before coming to a conclusion. Omelettes? Probably.. but why... I stood up and went to the kitchen. I saw Komaeda cooking as if it was the most obvious thing in the world. Believe me.. it wasn't. 

"What are you doing..?" I asked coldly and rested my hand on the table. He jolted in surprise, probably because he didn't hear that I came to the kitchen to begin with. It didn't take him long to calm down. "Cooking for you, Hajime~" he said with melodic voice and tossed the omelette, while looking at me what... impressed me a bit. I didn't know that he is such a good cook. Or maybe.. was it just his 'luck'? I snickered.

"Well.. I definitely didn't ask you to do it." I raised one eyebrow. "But well.. since you've already started making something, it would be a shame to waste it. I meant that it would be a shame to waste the ingredients, not your cooking in general." I sat before a wooden table. It took Komaeda a while to finish what he was doing, but I didn't particularly mind it. I was hungry, so I actually was kind of thankful that he was making something for me (even though me previous stated expressed everything but gratitude). 

Soon he placed a plate with an omelette on it before me and sat down on the chair at the opposite side of the table. He rested his chin on his hands and started giggling happily. Let's just hope that the food doesn't contain any poison, aphrodisiac or something even worse... I shivered. Although I didn't trust him at all, the food smelled too good; I plainly couldn't help myself. I swallowed down my saliva and was about to eat it, when I suddenly heard Komaeda's stomach growling loudly.

"H-hey... Nagito? Aren't you hungry..?" He shook his head, but then his stomach started growling even louder.

"M-maybe just a little bit hungry.. but it doesn't really matter as long as I can see as you eat." he smiled warmly at me. I'd be more glad if he was eating too, not observing me, it's so uncomfortable and creepy.

I sighed. "You made food for me, but not for yourself.. You're an idiot, you know? " I smiled sheepishly. I stood up and took an empty plate from a cupboard. "I'll split the food for us two. Don't misunderstand me. I'm not caring about you. It just wouldn't be fair, if I was the only one eating, since you made the food." I said while cutting the omelette in half and placing the other half on the empty plate. I placed it before him. "Here you go.." I smiled a bit, although I didn't intend to smile, it did it naturally. 

I stood next to the fridge and took some ice tea out of it. "Do you want some too?" I asked plainly. He nodded shyly. I poured some drink for us and sat back before the table facing the white haired intruder.

I was hesitating for a moment, but then I thought that waiting would only reduce the taste of the food, so I took a bite of it. My eyes sparkled. "D-damn.. that's really good!" Komaeda smiled lovingly at me. "Thank you, I'm happy that you like it~" he giggled. Like it?! I love it! B-but I won't admit it to him.. I stuffed some of the food into my mouth. A bit too much of it, since my cheeks were really puffed now. Komaeda chuckled. I drank some ice tea. "Don't just look at me, eat too. Your stomach makes really disturbing sounds.."

He blushed in embarrassment. "I'm sorry.." and so he started eating too.

I suddenly realized that my plate was completely empty. I blushed, "Th-thank you for the meal.. i-it was.. really... you know.. kind of you to make it? I appreciate that kind of thing." I finally admitted. It was probably the very first time, when I smiled thankfully at him. First and maybe the last one, who knows. "Ahh, no problem. You look cute, when you chew by the way!" 

I hit the table with my fist. "I-I don't! And don't say such things please.. it's embarrassing." I looked away from him.

And exactly when I turned my head to face him, I saw him leaning towards me, his body closer to mine than before. He was leading a fork with some omelette stuck on it to my mouth. I could stop him, but I didn't. He stuffed it into my mouth. "Mhmhmmm!!" my eyes widened. "Chew nicely, otherwise you'll choke, Hajime." he frowned. I swallowed down the food, I felt as the blood rushed to my cheeks. What is wrong with that guy?! My heart started beating faster. W-what is wrong with me..?

I closed my eyes tightly. I heard a sound of moving chair and then suddenly felt something wet on my lips. I realized, as I opened my eyes, that so called 'something' was actually his lips. The kiss was deep and long. Suffocating, but passionate. I couldn't gather up my thoughts, because of it. He grabbed me by my shirt lifting me up from the chair, deepening the kiss even more as if it wasn't deep enough before.

I pulled him away falling down onto my chair. I rubbed my lips with my hand, while blushing madly. "W-what the hell was that?!" Komaeda tilted his head. "A kiss I believe..?" I cleared my throat, "Let me rephrase myself.. why did you do that..?" I pouted, while trying to brush off the memories of his lips being on mine.

"Because you looked as if you wanted it~" he smiled cheerfully. "No, I didn't?" I frowned as if I heard someone saying carp. Oh, wait- I did. "Who are you trying to fool, Hajime?" he smirked, his gaze was piercing and made me shiver. I was surprised, when I realized that I didn't hate it when he looked at me in that way. But it scared me; he was usually looking at me cheerfully, I didn't have this 'honor' to see him smirking like an evil badass too often. Maybe I wasn't only because he didn't show off his true nature that much yet. The last time I felt that vibe from him was when he blindfolded me with my tie.. it's hard to believe that Nagito has two sides that are differing so much from each other. He's like the devil and an angle stuffed into one person.

The other thing that made me feel scared was that he probably realized something that I didn't. I-I might have been looking at him as if I wanted it.. it's only a possibility, I'm not sure... maybe I just feel excited when it comes to him? I don't remember ever having so much fun... yeah. It's just it, nothing more to add. He must've misunderstood my expression. I sighed in relief.

"Hahaha.. hah.. very funny." I laughed angrily. "Once again, thank for the meal and so on.. could you leave my house already?" I stood up from my chair and opened the front door for him. "Well.. bye, Nagito." I forced myself to smile.

I was expecting him to just leave, so I was taken-aback when he wrapped his hands around my waist pulling me unwillingly into a hug. I was struggling till I lost all the strength. His chest was pressed to mine, so that I could feel his loud heartbeat. "I love you, Hajime." he caressed my hair. His voice was soft and kind, somehow it felt surreal and out of place. I was even more surprised when I realized that my own heart was beating as loud and rapid as his.

I wanted to say something, but words just didn't want to form in my head—which felt like an empty box—it was making me feel really frustrated. He leaned back from me and placed his thumb over my lip opening my mouth slightly. His face was only a few inches away from mine and it seemed be getting closer and closer with every passed second. And then he let go of my lip and just patted my hair. I was shaken. He smirked at me and exited my house.

I slid down the wall, that was behind me, falling onto the floor. "F-fuck! What's going on?!" my cheeks were burning so much that it wasn't bearable any longer. I breathed in and out trying to calm my breath and heartbeat. "Th-that guy is playing with me as with some toy! And what am I doing..?" I laughed nervously, "I just keep letting him to do as he pleases!" I hid my face into my hands. As soon as I calmed down completely, I stood up and washed the dishes. Somehow I found it really enjoyable, after what happened to me; doing something as normal as it was a nice change from Komaeda and his weirdness. 

~

a/n: Today was my first day of school after the break.. ;w; I know that some of you still have holidays, but I'm Polish. In Poland we have only one week off :'D But well.. around February I have my winter break, whole two weeks of it, so I can't complain, right? Anyway, I hope you enjoyed the chapter! <3 Ohh and btw, I'm working on a smol comics which captures a fragment of this story and I may post it here someday. 

Have a nice day!