Chapter 21

a/n: Sorry for delay ;u; I haven't given up on writing..! Just didn't have much time for writing.. but I've had some today and written this. I hope you'll enjoy reading! 

I was on my way to Nagito's house. I'd decided to visit him before work as a surprise. I've never really tried to do things which could make him happy.. a thought crossed my mind and made me scratch my head a bit and frown. I started wondering why I hadn't and after a while, I came to a conclusion; it wasn't because I didn't want to make him happy. I really wanted to actually. It was simply hard for me to switch to treating him as someone more than a creep who stalked me on daily basis and who I happened to hold feelings for. I didn't consider him as a stalker anymore but it didn't change the fact that I still felt unsure about some things concerning our relationship which was technically built on his creepy and disturbing actions.

I sighed. "If I could only forget about the things he did.." I laughed sadly because I knew it'd take time and I was afraid that it might've been hurting his feelings. "or at least grow to find it all as something positive and not creepy and a traumatic experience." I felt bad that I kept rethinking past and remembering the lack of respect he held for me when he started stalking me.

My deliberations were soon cut as I stood before his door. I gulped down feeling unsure if it was really the right thing and maybe if I should just go back home and get ready to work. "U-uhm.." my hand trembled as I reached to his doorbell and suddenly it froze as I realized something. "What if he's still sleeping.. oh. I don't want to wake him up." it wasn't an excuse to go back home, I just.. cared about him in my own way. I took a deep breath. O-okay.. I'll go back if the door is locked. I promised myself and slowly turned the knob. I didn't know if I should find it surprising or not but either that guy didn't lock his door or he plainly wasn't sleeping anymore. Or both. I laughed as it suited to him to have weird habits or lack of common sense, I should say.

I stepped inside his house which was deadly quiet. It was still a bit before 5am so it wasn't surprising. I made sure to walk quietly in order to not wake him up. I wasn't sure why did I even paid him a visit if there was a possibility I wouldn't even see him and could end up just waiting and waiting for him till the time for me to leave would come.

I laid down on his couch remembering how funny this morning was. I had woken up with mascara smeared all over my face and the kimono was totally messed up for which I felt bad.. I wanted to treasure his gift so I noted in my head to wash it properly after getting back from work. But going back to the makeup.. I looked like a girl which cried because got rejected by her crush or something. It's good no one saw me like that, that'd be embarrassing.

"Hmm.. what could make him happy." I started wondering while brushing my bottom lip with my thumb without any particular reason. "I know he'd say.. probably something like 'I'm already happy that you're here, Hajime~! It's more than an honor that you want to spend your morning with a pest like me..!' but I still want to do something more for him." imagining him saying that made me giggle a bit as I thought I did a good job at trying to sound like him and also happy because it was always flattering that he treasured my presence that much. "I want to see his reaction to it and I hope it'll be a pleasant one, hehe." I smiled a bit and stretched my arms while yawning. "But still.. I have no idea what kind of thing I could do for him. I suck at cooking so breakfast is out of the question.. I could clean his house here and there but.. it's already perfectly clean so that'd be pointless. Hmm.." I kept wondering while furrowing my eyebrows. "Damn, why am I so boringly unimaginative." I made a sobbing sound and felt quite disappointed with myself.

Guess.. I-I can lie down next to him? Hopefully, it'll make him feel happy to see me next to himself when he wakes up. "Okay, I've decided!" I smiled proudly since I was 99,9% sure it'd work out well and be a good surprise. I wanted to think about him and what he wanted so from all the possible things—even though it seemed simple as fuck and nothing much—I chose this one hoping for it to bring a smile on his face. I could've felt guilty for pushing him away the last evening but my desire to make him happy was genuine.